The Student Room Group

I am disgusted today

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by john2054
I just don't like it when people come on here and say 'please tell me the answer to this question'. It is true this individual may well be genuine given the insight he has subsequently showed in to the subject matter. But i don't think that it hurts to question their credentials, when they come on here (tsr) doing this. he wouldn't be the first!!

you must be new on F38
I am sure we are all looking forward to seeing a really perceptive mathematical contribution from john 2054 sometime soon.
Original post by TeeEm
I tried ....?!

I made.
I solved in retrospect that is why I put some numbers after as my solution was all in variables

Ah, I see. Is r between 1 and 3, by any chance?
Reply 83
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Ah, I see. Is r between 1 and 3, by any chance?

it is...
Original post by TeeEm
it is...

Great. :smile: A very nice question btw, I'll post a solution afterwards but I'm guessing you're going to do a much neater one later anyway. I made use of the fact that d2rdt2=ddr(12(drdt)2)\frac{d^2r}{dt^2} = \frac{d}{dr}(\frac{1}{2}(\frac{dr}{dt})^2) which is a neat result that I've only ever seen once before, in a SHM problem.
Reply 85
Great. :smile: A very nice question btw, I'll post a solution afterwards but I'm guessing you're going to do a much neater one later anyway. I made use of the fact that d2rdt2=ddr(12(drdt)2)\frac{d^2r}{dt^2} = \frac{d}{dr}(\frac{1}{2}(\frac{dr}{dt})^2) which is a neat result that I've only ever seen once before, in a SHM problem.

Excellent !!
I am waiting for @Krollo
(My solution will up around midnight)
Original post by nerak99
I am sure we are all looking forward to seeing a really perceptive mathematical contribution from john 2054 sometime soon.

i know the chaos theory based on random fractals, the basics anyway. failing that and i'm going to have to pass up your offer sorry!
Reply 87
i know the chaos theory based on random fractals, the basics anyway. failing that and i'm going to have to pass up your offer sorry!

You crack me up.
Original post by nerak99

my major is in sociology and my minor is in theatre studies, how if you have any questions about gramsci's hegemony theory, or south african township theatre (what i did a presentation on today) then please fire away!!!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90

Spoiler

EXCELLENT!!
I will post my method now too for completeness

Spoiler

Maths the beautiful.
Original post by TeeEm
EXCELLENT!!
I will post my method now too for completeness

Oh, I didn't see that TeeEm. Nice solution.
Reply 93
Original post by Marxist
Oh, I didn't see that TeeEm. Nice solution.

thank you !!!
or the coursework.

the fact is that this kid is clearly out of his depth, and essentially with no insight in to the subject matter, is asking us to answer the question for him.

this is cheating

"this kid" TeeEm is such a cheat

:rofl:
Yeah, TeeEm is so going to fail his exam as he cannot independently deduce the answer to these simple problems!!!

No use relying on others TeeEm, they wont be in the exam room with you. I'm sure John will agree with me here.

Best of luck with your A Levels.
If i actually remembered any maths, which i don't, would be a start?!
If i actually remembered any maths, which i don't, would be a start?!

Then why bother chirping in?
I tell you what, in a weeks time I will comment on gramscis hegemony wotsit and John can give us a short treatise on the conservation of angular momentum balanced with central acceleration as illustrated by Tee Ms original problem.
Some of the posts on here are beyond hilarious.

@TeeEm is the ****ing boss.

End transmission.

Quick Reply

Latest