The Student Room Group

How lenient are University - clearing

Hi, ive decided to apply for compsci (some with foundation) since i got (BCE), and i am eligible for contextual offer. Some universities i look at offer BBB, but with contextual will they lower it to the point i have a chance? how do i know for certain before i apply. Im so disgusted w my grades fr but i need to go uni. Any help appreciated!
Original post by MirioTogata
Hi, ive decided to apply for compsci (some with foundation) since i got (BCE), and i am eligible for contextual offer. Some universities i look at offer BBB, but with contextual will they lower it to the point i have a chance? how do i know for certain before i apply. Im so disgusted w my grades fr but i need to go uni. Any help appreciated!

Hi there :hugs:
Depends on the Uni tbh
I would take a look at clearing, list some courses / unis you like and go for it!
Phone up and ask :yy: you never know until you try, good luck! :smile:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there :hugs:
Depends on the Uni tbh
I would take a look at clearing, list some courses / unis you like and go for it!
Phone up and ask :yy: you never know until you try, good luck! :smile:

Thank you, hopefully they do! Will be ringing them asap
Thank you, hopefully they do! Will be ringing them asap

I'm sure they will :smile:
Best wishes + feel free to get back in touch if you need a hand with anything at all :heart:
Hi there, I know your grades may seem disappointing at the moment but I can definitely say that you will still be able to look into your next steps for your future.

If you're wanting to go through the clearing route for Computer Science then I would suggest to take an hour out of your day today (at least) to have a research into the universities you could be going to. Think of a list of the most important things to you like the basics: Does this university offer the course I’m interested in? What GCSEs do I need to get onto this course? How many A-levels (or other level 3 courses) do I need, and what subjects should I study in order to enrol?

Once you have got the answers to those questions then there is no harm in contacting the universities directly through their clearing team. Make sure you have your personal details to hand including your number, email, and grades. This might seem a bit obvious but it's easy to forget things over the phone or if you're typing quickly on a livechat!

Ask about the course you want to study, and the team will be able to advise you on your next steps e.g. whether your application is viable or not. They may even suggest a different course but please don't feel rushed into a decision. Weigh up your options and take advice from the team as they'll be the experts :smile: you won't know for certain unless you try but there's no harm in going for it!

I hope this helps and best wishes for your application,

Maddy
WrexhamUniReps

Hello!

Well done on your results. It is a great achievement, even if you don't feel it right now.

It may be different between universities and may be best to call to check.

We have spaces on out Computing course here at the University of Suffolk through clearing, if that is helpful at all. https://www.uos.ac.uk/clearing

We would love to hear from you!

Best of luck!

Scarlett

Hey @MirioTogata :smile:

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, but I just wanted to say that you're not alone with feeling disappointed, please remember that grades don't define you or your future. Every challenge and experience if a stepping stone towards your dreams.

Have you started looking through Clearing? Definitely ring up uni clearing helplines now and discuss your options :smile:

Good luck! 🤞

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending