The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for MSci Computer Science of AAB (have an A from maths in a year already) :smile: Applied back on the 14th of October so glad to finally hear from them..
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Offer for Maths (2F13) (Fast Track) AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pecora
Do you know if it would be possible to switch to 2nd year entry then if I do get the offer? I will be 19 by the time I get there and I will have finished A2 D:

I literally chose direct entry in advising, the week before the start of teaching. I don't think you can apply for direct entry, instead you sort it out when you get there, but you'd have to check with your department first to be sure.
Just want to say good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I got an unconditional for French and Spanish yesterday, hoping that I'll see some of you in September!
Original post by markreed
Hey, I've applied for Social Anthropology also and the wait is killing me haha. Are you an applicant from the UK?

I'm from Scotland what about you?
Got a conditional offer for social anthropology on Tuesday:smile:)!
Original post by TirnanF
Offer for Maths (2F13) (Fast Track) AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you AS and predicted grades if you don't mind me asking??
Original post by Saya k
Thank you! Some people on TSR just informed me that it may be possible that my first course choice was full or my grades were not high enough so they just offered me an alternative course instead to lure me into going to st andrews so I can't change the course. Do you think this is actually true?

I think what 06porterr was meaning is that you don't have to change course as such. In the module system in St Andrews, in your first year you will be required to do modules in three subjects. One will be management and you can take up two others in other subjects you like as long as there are no timetable clashes and you meet the minimum grade requirements. My son was admitted for philosophy, took up IR and history alongside, dropped philosophy after year one and went on to get a degree in history. No questions asked, no awkward conversations about changing degree - it's just normal. Indeed, the breadth and flexibility of the Scottish system is a key attraction for many students. But you may want to check with admissions.
Original post by jackmc100
What are you AS and predicted grades if you don't mind me asking??

Sure. 4A's at AS level in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. My UMS was mentioned in my reference (96.2% across 7 maths modules, 97.3% in chemistry, 93.2% in physics, lost all my marks on the practical lol)
I was predicted 3A*'s at A2. I dropped chemistry after AS.
Too soon for a 'deadline is coming up and I still haven't heard anything :eek:' support group?
Got an offer for comp sci yesterday, AAB
Original post by Passmeplease
Too soon for a 'deadline is coming up and I still haven't heard anything :eek:' support group?

Not at all, I need this in my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got accepted into the Modern History & Philosophy program! 😊❤️ Good luck to everyone.
Original post by Memequeen
I just got accepted into the Modern History & Philosophy program! 😊❤️ Good luck to everyone.

Congrats! :-) If you don't mind me asking, where are you from and when did you apply?
Reply 914
Hi!
So I have an offer which I am recommended to accept by 31st May. However, the deadline to pay the deposit is 15th May...thus I'm a bit confused. Any advice?
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else got an offer for English Literature? Im so excited! :biggrin:
Original post by CattBentley
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else got an offer for English Literature? Im so excited! :biggrin:

I've got one for English and Modern History and cannot wait until September 😍
It looks amazing doesn't it? I'm going up on the 9th of March to have a look! :smile:
Original post by oldlady
I think what 06porterr was meaning is that you don't have to change course as such. In the module system in St Andrews, in your first year you will be required to do modules in three subjects. One will be management and you can take up two others in other subjects you like as long as there are no timetable clashes and you meet the minimum grade requirements. My son was admitted for philosophy, took up IR and history alongside, dropped philosophy after year one and went on to get a degree in history. No questions asked, no awkward conversations about changing degree - it's just normal. Indeed, the breadth and flexibility of the Scottish system is a key attraction for many students. But you may want to check with admissions.

Thank you! This is very usefull information!
Original post by CattBentley
It looks amazing doesn't it? I'm going up on the 9th of March to have a look! :smile:

It's brilliant 😄 - I went in October to visit, and I'm going again on the 30th of March because I just loved it so much 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending