The Student Room Group

I'm struggling (Science)

I have made a thread like this before and basically at my school we do weekly mocks and I just can't get higher than a C. One week worth of revision only gets me a C and it's annoying me. The thing is in week you can't cover all of the subjects.
We have another one this week Friday for B3 and I know i'll probably scrape a C again because I can't go through everything. I don't know what to do...
Reply 1
Which exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by luciie
Which exam board?

AQA
Ran out of PP on your useable moves?
Reply 4
Original post by Withengar

What are you talking about?

Looooll, I guess it just wasn't effective

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by rafiali99
Looooll, I guess it just wasn't effective

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't get the joke.

I appreciate your Pokémon reference 😊
Original post by 0lut0
AQA

is it additional science?
Reply 9
Have you gone through any past papers? If not, then do them instead.
are u doing dual award or triple?
How are you revising? You should probably try doing something differently.

These videos really helped me at GCSE, and you can get through them all in one or two nights.
Reply 12
Original post by aamirac
Have you gone through any past papers? If not, then do them instead.

I haven't been going through past papers because I try to get through all the topics in the unit then try and do the pastpaper at the end.
Reply 13
Original post by mariam687
are u doing dual award or triple?

I'm doing Triple.
Reply 14
Original post by JordanL_
How are you revising? You should probably try doing something differently.

These videos really helped me at GCSE, and you can get through them all in one or two nights.

I try to use mygcsescience but literally I have about 5 days to revise for let's say B2 I spend about 45 minutes revising but I do it in slots, so I do about 3 slots of 45 minutes with 15 minute breaks. The videos they take up a lot of time. And bare in mind I have to revise for other subjects as well.
Original post by 0lut0
I'm doing Triple.

samee, what I do is briefly go over the specific module as you have learnt it in school right? So go over it and then print of a paper and do it, literally jus do it. Whatever questions you dont understand, revise that topic in that module until you know it properly, that you are able to explain it in your OWN words to someone else, so that they understand.
And also, you mention you have other subjects to revise for right?
If you focus on what you genuinly don't understand, you won't be wasting time on other topics. And the day before the exam do one more paper and you'll see you've improved.
Trusss it saves so much time and your revising stuff you know you dont understand and at the same time your not wasting time on revising stuff you DO understand therefore you'll have more time to revise other subjects :smile:
Original post by 0lut0
I have made a thread like this before and basically at my school we do weekly mocks and I just can't get higher than a C. One week worth of revision only gets me a C and it's annoying me. The thing is in week you can't cover all of the subjects.
We have another one this week Friday for B3 and I know i'll probably scrape a C again because I can't go through everything. I don't know what to do...

yo btw if u wnt some revision help or if there is anything ur stuck on (i've finished the science syllabus now) feel free to PM me, im usually online most of the time studying whilst logged in so yh
Hi! Focus on the areas you are not getting marks on
just memorise cgp books
Also maybe ask your teacher if you can do topic tests instead, you get more time to revise them in detail.

Quick Reply

Latest