The Student Room Group

Lacking motivation

I want to do well but I just can't get myself to do it. I still have the "I'll just do it tomorrow" attitude and what makes it worse is that I never do it. Never look back at my notes, do programming for computing and it's got even worse- I'm selecting what homeworks I want to do not what I need to do.

It's different in a workplace for me, the pay is not the thing that motivates me to do my job properly. Yet I'm still motivated to go to work and do my job properly. I've already got a call home from one of my teachers due to my commitment. How can I transfer my motivation in a workplace to school? Don't talk about the future because that doesn't work. I need something that will happen soon so I can commit to my a-levels better.

Surprisingly I'm doing well in Economics(teacher thinks I have the potential to get an A) and Business Studies(teacher agrees that I can achieve a B). It's just Computing that's letting me down at present. I do have a computing exam this year but I will still do a similar exam at the end of my a-levels since AS levels not longer count for the subjects I'm doing.

Will rep for any useful advice
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BrianMcEgg
I want to do well but I just can't get myself to do it. I still have the "I'll just do it tomorrow" attitude and what makes it worse is that I never do it. Never look back at my notes, do programming for computing and it's got even worse- I'm selecting what homeworks I want to do not what I need to do.

It's different in a workplace for me, the pay is not the thing that motivates me to do my job properly. Yet I'm still motivated to go to work and do my job properly. I've already got a call home from one of my teachers due to my commitment. How can I transfer my motivation in a workplace to school? Don't talk about the future because that doesn't work. I need something that will happen soon so I can commit to my a-levels better.

Surprisingly I'm doing well in Economics(teacher thinks I have the potential to get an A) and Business Studies(teacher agrees that I can achieve a B). It's just Computing that's letting me down at present. I do have a computing exam this year but I will still do a similar exam at the end of my a-levels since AS levels not longer count for the subjects I'm doing.

Will rep for any useful advice

Sometimes when you can't drum up the motivation to do something all you can do is set out a time when you'll focus on that and nothing else and accept that that's what you have to do. I'd put a few one hour sessions on my calendar and stick to them. Accept that there's a reason you decided to do A levels and you might as well do them as well as you can as they'll soon be over.

Quick Reply

Latest