The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DinduCoffin
Yeah, you'll see for yourself. But it's the truth.

What did you think Durham would be like before you started?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
[QUOTE=lukmanmiah;63235999]Yeah that should be good. Although last time I got a bit lost when I arrived at Durham so hopefully it goes well this time

Yeah, second time lucky?
Original post by lukmanmiah
What did you think Durham would be like before you started?

Cambridge like but more multi-ethnic, with people from all economic backgrounds.

It's mostly white boarding school kids.
[QUOTE=DinduCoffin;63235991]Well, it's the majority unfortunately. The university is run by posh kids. :s-smilie:

I don't really mind posh, no one can help their background. But I do mind arrogant or people who're 'up themselves', but it's difficult to know what to believe
Original post by hollyismyname
Yeah, second time lucky?

Yeah hopefully because this this time I'll arrive during the day whereas last time I arrived at night and there was no people around.
Original post by DinduCoffin
Stay away from Durham. Full of Arrogant, Mediocre, Boarding School Kids.

I'm still waiting for a response from them but I have heard that rumour, it's a bit worrying but hopefully it's just a rumour:/ I'm used to being in environments where I'm the odd one out in terms of ethnicity and not all posh people are arrogant so I don't mind that as long as they're friendly..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Platopus
Oh I'm sorry :frown: hope you get into your other unis and good luck!

Reply 2127
Recieved an unconditional offer on Thursday for Ancient civilisations and Archaeology (BA) so anyone worrying about their GCSE grades, I wouldn't because mine where ****. So they mustn't take them too much into consideration. 😁 also how long have people been waiting to hear about college allocation after they've got an offer
I haven't heard back for eng lit yet 😁 starting to panic now
Reply 2129
I got an offer last week for history but I woudnt worry, they take ages to reply.

When did you apply?
Original post by SMer
When did you apply?

Late November
Original post by Cd1995
Recieved an unconditional offer on Thursday for Ancient civilisations and Archaeology (BA) so anyone worrying about their GCSE grades, I wouldn't because mine where ****. So they mustn't take them too much into consideration. 😁 also how long have people been waiting to hear about college allocation after they've got an offer

Congrats!!! Do you mind me asking what your AS grades are???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2132
Late November

Thanks! Now I'm worried ha, applied for history in October
Original post by SMer
Thanks! Now I'm worried ha, applied for history in October

So did I, the wait is killing me especially since people who applied after me already have offers/rejections 😁
Is anyone here waiting for a foundation year decision ?????
Original post by Lizziec02
So did I, the wait is killing me especially since people who applied after me already have offers/rejections 😁

Have you applied for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skhuller
anyone know anything about st aidans?

nope, I only applied for it because I wanted a big, more social college, I've been offered a place there though, which is lucky as it was my preferred college
Reply 2137
Original post by Lizziec02

It's so disconcerting. I just want to know! What were your AS grades and predicted, if you don't mind me asking?
slightly worried about the college I've been allocated now...I thought St aidans was meant to be quite a welcoming and social college but people seem to be saying it's pretty dead...can anyone give me info about st aidans and what the social life/people there are like?!?!
Original post by SMer
It's so disconcerting. I just want to know! What were your AS grades and predicted, if you don't mind me asking?

My AS grades were: AAAA
And my predicted are: AAA
I know that my predicted grades are lower than the offer so it's most likely gonna be a rejection, but as I haven't heard either way I'm clinging to some hope!!
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest