The Student Room Group

Struggling on PGCE

Hi everyone,

I'm a fair way into my second PGCE placement, and I find myself questioning whether I really want to stick with this as a career. I found my first placement challenging but I felt that I had made progress and was looking forward to improving even more. However, at my second placement, I feel like I am back to square one: I have been told that a lot of the fundamentals to my being in a classroom are not good enough, such as behaviour management, and I feel like my first placement may well have not existed for all the preparedness for this placement I have now. I was just recently put onto a Cause for Concern, and although I am trying to improve I am yet to get the impression (or feedback) from any of the host teachers that I am on the right track.

I would at least like to complete my PGCE, but I don't know if I will be able to, and I wouldn't know what to do otherwise... Has anyone else had any similar experiences or got any advice?
Original post by hsjedmun
Hi everyone,

I'm a fair way into my second PGCE placement, and I find myself questioning whether I really want to stick with this as a career. I found my first placement challenging but I felt that I had made progress and was looking forward to improving even more. However, at my second placement, I feel like I am back to square one: I have been told that a lot of the fundamentals to my being in a classroom are not good enough, such as behaviour management, and I feel like my first placement may well have not existed for all the preparedness for this placement I have now. I was just recently put onto a Cause for Concern, and although I am trying to improve I am yet to get the impression (or feedback) from any of the host teachers that I am on the right track.

I would at least like to complete my PGCE, but I don't know if I will be able to, and I wouldn't know what to do otherwise... Has anyone else had any similar experiences or got any advice?

I know exactly how you feel. I am sure I am repeating myself a lot here so I have sent you a private message on here. As to be more personal and not to bore the regulars on these boards. I hope it helps in some way.
Just remember you are not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending