The Student Room Group

Avoid PGCE @Birmingham City University

If you're applying for a PGCE do not go to BCU. The course is so unorganised. They kept changing paperwork 4 times because they due an OFSTED visit.

Disabled students on my course struggled as was bullied and discriminated against. They will take anyone for their PGCE to fill the space.

They will gang up on you to prove a point. You'll end up with stress being at BCU. The mentors hate BCU. You get bullied by staff and there is a lack of support on placement.
Original post by Truthfully2023
If you're applying for a PGCE do not go to BCU. The course is so unorganised. They kept changing paperwork 4 times because they due an OFSTED visit.

Disabled students on my course struggled as was bullied and discriminated against. They will take anyone for their PGCE to fill the space.

They will gang up on you to prove a point. You'll end up with stress being at BCU. The mentors hate BCU. You get bullied by staff and there is a lack of support on placement.

Sorry to hear about your experience. :frown:
Are you still on the course at the moment?
Reply 2
Yeah. I am still on the course but counting the days to finish. This is the worst decision for most of the trainees.
Reply 3
Screenshot_20230606_140616_Maps.jpg
Reply 4
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
Reply 6
That sounds bad :frown:
I have completed my M.Sc from BCU durning Covid-19 pandemic and BCU was so unorganised at that time. I have been offered a place for PGCE in University of Worcester, and I think it will be a better alternative than BCU hopefully.
Reply 7
Original post by Truthfully2023
Yeah, I received an offer from Worcester but I turned them down for BCU.

Sorry to hear that. What PGCE are you doing in BCU?
I am going for PGCE Secondary Business Studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending