The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tribe
4 As for AS (Maths, Further, CS, Physics)
3 A* and 1 A predicted for A2 (A in Physcis)

Makes me wonder how they give out interviews and offers lol. I only got AAB at AS, but predicted A*A*A at A2 and currently have an offer for A*A*A. Though I did have a fair bit of computing related stuff on my personal statement.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 401
Original post by Jabberjay_
Makes me wonder how they give out interviews and offers lol. I only got AAB at AS, but predicted A*A*A at A2 and currently have an offer for A*A*A. Though I did have a fair bit of computing related stuff on my personal statement.

Yeah I've been wondering about this too, I got rejected last night having achieved A*A*A overall last year, assumed my personal statement must have been what screwed it up for me.
I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Imperial admissions just works entirely at random - from deciding who gets interviews, to who gets what offer (A*A*AA, A*AAA + AEA, A*AAA + STEP, etc), to when rejections are sent out (I'm fairly sure that the department will have decided who's getting rejected and are just sending them out in batches over several weeks for some unknown reason).
(edited 8 years ago)
Received an offer after skype interview on the 2nd of march, A*A*AA and grade 2 in step 1 :/
Anyone else with step? :biggrin:
Reply 404
Just recieved an informal offer from Imperial! Hope they are generous :colondollar:
Reply 405
Original post by js.int
Just recieved an informal offer from Imperial! Hope they are generous :colondollar:

Original post by RandomNickname
Received an offer after skype interview on the 2nd of march, A*A*AA and grade 2 in step 1 :/

Congrats guys!
Original post by zshn
Congrats guys!

Thanks mate! Been on this thread since october but just decided to join! Lol
Reply 407
Thanks mate! Been on this thread since october but just decided to join! Lol

Think you'll get those grades? They're really really steep :frown:
Original post by zshn
Think you'll get those grades? They're really really steep :frown:

Lol i hope, never touched step in my life so I'm in for some busy 3 months! Idk why they had to give it tho
Reply 409
Lol i hope, never touched step in my life so I'm in for some busy 3 months! Idk why they had to give it tho

They said at the interview day they try and challenge people who are capable of achieving a higher offer... Not sure what the point of that is.
Original post by zshn
They said at the interview day they try and challenge people who are capable of achieving a higher offer... Not sure what the point of that is.

Didn't even have the chance to visit!! Hahah
But tbf my friend doing computing there now in the first year said it's deadly tough so do consider doing some deeper maths before october!!
Reply 411
Didn't even have the chance to visit!! Hahah
But tbf my friend doing computing there now in the first year said it's deadly tough so do consider doing some deeper maths before october!!

How come you had to do a Skype interview? Do you live pretty far away? And I'm really hoping it's the 'challenging but fun' kind of tough, not impossibly difficult to even understand :tongue:
Original post by zshn
How come you had to do a Skype interview? Do you live pretty far away? And I'm really hoping it's the 'challenging but fun' kind of tough, not impossibly difficult to even understand :tongue:

I am an overseas applicant but I study A Levels here in the UK, I was suprised to get a skype interview!
He said programming and assignments are real fun but some things are hard. Which is not a bad thing since that's why we're going for Imperial right? :biggrin:
Reply 413
I am an overseas applicant but I study A Levels here in the UK, I was suprised to get a skype interview!
He said programming and assignments are real fun but some things are hard. Which is not a bad thing since that's why we're going for Imperial right? :biggrin:

Hahah yeah, can deal with some tricky Maths for that sweet £££££ after finishing the degree. Hope to see you in October!
Got denied yesterday evening after applying mid-october. I am an EU applicant doing the IB. I had a 42/45 predicted grade including 7/7/7 in my higher levels. I have never received any invitation for an interview or an online test. What do you guys suggest may be the reasons?
Reply 415
Original post by computing_tech
Got denied yesterday evening after applying mid-october. I am an EU applicant doing the IB. I had a 42/45 predicted grade including 7/7/7 in my higher levels. I have never received any invitation for an interview or an online test. What do you guys suggest may be the reasons?

The admissions tutor said that they'd be happy to tell you the reasons for rejection if you send them an email :/
Original post by computing_tech

Either there was a problem with your ps or the subject was very competitive this year. There have been similar cases in my school with people with 43 777 not even being invited for interview. Still some of their decisions are very weird in the department.
(edited 8 years ago)

Congrats! I have the same step offer :/ Hopefully we'll both make it
Original post by thecsstudent
Congrats! I have the same step offer :/ Hopefully we'll both make it

Yeah! Starting prep like today!
Reply 419
Recieves the conditions... A*AAA (A* in Maths) + Grade 2 in STEP 1 :/

Would have preferred a requirement of A* in FM instead of the STEP requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending