The Student Room Group

Freemasons?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Real Friends
Could you expand on what it's like/what do you do in that environment?

We have the business side, and then we have the social side (we call it harmony").

We tell jokes, play songs, instruments, play cards, drink, go bowling etc
Original post by Howard
Because it's dying a death. Young people aren't interested.

On that, we agree.
Original post by Anonymous
Well, where I am from, it is over-representated by Protestants. But In Italy and Spain Roman Catholics.

We take all religions, the only thing we require is that we believe in a "Supreme Being." If you don't believe in "a" god, then you can't join. Your god could be Allah, Buddha, pikachu, the cookie monster, doesn't matter. But atheists won't get in.

so basically its like another religion? i thought that Freemasons are waiting for the messiah so do you believe he/she would be God? for so what happens when you join? does it make any difference to your life?
Original post by Ishea16
so basically its like another religion? i thought that Freemasons are waiting for the messiah so do you believe he/she would be God? for so what happens when you join? does it make any difference to your life?

No, it is not another religion. We are not waiting for a messiah. We are not waiting for the day of judgement.

As to does it make a difference to my life? let us just say there have been times when situations turned out more favourably purely/primarily due to my membership.
No, it is not another religion. We are not waiting for a messiah. We are not waiting for the day of judgement.

As to does it make a difference to my life? let us just say there have been times when situations turned out more favourably purely/primarily due to my membership.

oh really? :K:

lol I can imagine, contacts everywhere:rolleyes:
Original post by Ishea16
oh really? :K:

lol I can imagine, contacts everywhere:rolleyes:

I try to discourage it tbh, but human nature to "favour friends."
I try to discourage it tbh, but human nature to "favour friends."

hmm really sounds like you do charitable work aswell with those 'friends':rolleyes:
Original post by Ishea16
hmm really sounds like you do charitable work aswell with those 'friends':rolleyes:

Sorry you feel that way.
Sorry you feel that way.

I'm just going off what youre telling me tbh
Reply 69
Wow that's interesting.. :smile:
Reply 70
I never got the point of it? Just sounds like a bunch of elitist judgemental superstitious craftsmen?
We have the business side, and then we have the social side (we call it harmony":wink:.

We tell jokes, play songs, instruments, play cards, drink, go bowling etc

What's the business side?
Original post by whorace
I never got the point of it? Just sounds like a bunch of elitist judgemental superstitious craftsmen?

Two words: "Tammany Hall."
Two words: "Tammany Hall."

tell us more since youre not secretive at all
Original post by Ishea16
tell us more since youre not secretive at all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Hall

Was a tongue in secret quip to whorace's assertion .
Welcome brother, we hope that you would contribute to our purpose and help us carry out our mission which has been brougt to us through the ages by the founding fathers.
"Do you believe in a Supreme Being?"

"What is your occupation?"

"What do you know of us?"
Because I am proud to belong?

Why are you posting here anonymously then?
Original post by Compost
Why are you posting here anonymously then?

To gauge people's genuine reactions, they may conceal it or be biased, if they knew my identity.
I am a Freemason, wear a Masonic ring on my hand.

I am in my 20's, but wondered what people's general conceptions/thoughts/attitudes were towards us?

i am in the demolay as i work for myself and knew several higher rank member of my lodge so i got in easily and but i know i am so to get my first proper pin when i rise up next month in to the main-masonic rank

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending