The Student Room Group

Article: Manisha's latest vlog

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by A Chic Lifestyle
I'd be happy to help with your Youtube relaunch by doing vlogs about how I revised for 6 A-levels last year (I got A,A,A,A,B,B). Just message me :smile:

wow!! what subjects?
Original post by ranz
wow!! what subjects?

Psychology - A
Sociology - A
English Literature - A
History - A
Government & Politics - B
Religious Studies - B
Original post by sadly
Hi I do english language and history and other A-levels but struggle with these essay based subjects especially history what would you advise me? I'm really scared because I don't know how to retain what I've been taught :frown:

Have you tried making a brief overview mindmap of each subject's topics? Or using flashcards?

These are popular ways to remember the info.

My favourite way though is using the method of loci - that's how memory champions memorise massive amounts of data in short periods of time.

It takes a while and a lot of effort though to get the hang of the technique initially.

This TED talk explains how to learn it really well:

[video="youtube;U6PoUg7jXsA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6PoUg7jXsA[/video]

Is there anything else you need help with? :smile:
When is manisha's new vlog :smile:
manisha's outfits get more and more interesting each week :wink:
Manisha needs to stop rebonding her hair. She's gonna bald if she continues with those hair treatments.
Reply 26
I'm not even gonna say anything bc I'll probably be banned for being a hater </3
Reply 27
Original post by z33
I'm not even gonna say anything bc I'll probably be banned for being a hater </3

Pm me :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would love to try this out and vlog my journey, I have a decent camera but have no you tube experience although I have some who could help though... I am a GCSE student and would love to help with GCSE's!!
What's your biggest struggle at the moment?

I did Sociology and Psychology. For general studying and revision advice about these subjects I've written some blog posts. Eg:

'A 7 Day Action Plan for Effective Last Minute Studying'

'The 5 Minute Studying Challenge'

I also did a series of posts where every few months I wrote a detailed account of things I had tried to boost my grades and what worked and what didn't. It was called the 'A Grade Challenge'.

I hope this helps
Original post by shawn_o1
BitOfAFangirl has posted only 73 times on TSR yet has convinced the upper echelons of TSR to publish her vlogs...?

Conspiracy m8
Reply 31
Original post by z33

:ahee:
Reply 32
Original post by _chloeematt
I would love to try this out and vlog my journey, I have a decent camera but have no you tube experience although I have some who could help though... I am a GCSE student and would love to help with GCSE's!!

[video="youtube;-3zDDgk72Z4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zDDgk72Z4[/video]

just leaving this here :tongue:
Original post by z33
[video="youtube;-3zDDgk72Z4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zDDgk72Z4[/video]

just leaving this here :tongue:

Thank you!
I recommend writing model answers for each possible question that could come up. So you just memorise the studies in your model essays. This guy talks about how he did it for his Psych exam and he's selling his model essays: http://www.loopa.co.uk/

In terms of memorising stuff, have you tried breaking down the info into key terms and writing those on flashcards? Or the Method of Loci technique?
Is manisha doing another video :smile:
Original post by a chic lifestyle
i'd be happy to help with your youtube relaunch by doing vlogs about how i revised for 6 a-levels last year (i got a,a,a,a,b,b). Just message me :smile:

six a levels! How???
Original post by miniminx3310
six a levels! How???

I studied 4 A-levels with my 6th form and self studied 2 :smile:
:lol: I loved the dancing :rofl: may have to try making some bars myself. :love:
Reply 39
Wow, they look easy to make, and delicious!

Just a issue though, I can't eat nuts, and I don't like seeds. Would I need more dried fruit to the same amount of grams or can I just not include these things?
But, then, as you don't say what fruit you have used can it be any dried fruit, or fruits? so, you could get inventive with more than one dried fruit in it.... or different combinations of fruits?

is this all possible or would it not work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending