The Student Room Group

Foundation year dentistry

I am doing 3 a levels - bio, chem and psychology but got average gcse grades: 3b's and 6 c's what universities would i get offers back from
Original post by budhead123
I am doing 3 a levels - bio, chem and psychology but got average gcse grades: 3b's and 6 c's what universities would i get offers back from

dundee or newcastle maybe, many require 6/7-B/A grades at gcse including maths and english

Some universities which offer dentistry with a pre-dental year (6 years) that I can think off off the top of my head are Manchester, Dundee, Cardiff and Bristol, but they're extremely competitive - even more so than undergraduate dentistry, so your GCSE's may make it slightly more difficult for you to rank high enough to be invited to interview. Try your hardest to get stellar AS and A2's, and a solid UKCAT.

There's no guarantee you would get offers from anywhere, you'd have to do well in your interview and get your grades at the end of the year :smile:

Foundation years in dentistry tend to be aimed at people who have the top grades but in the wrong subjects. You need to work at getting AAA or better in your a levels and just apply to the standard course. Have a look at which universities don't look as much at gcses. Also if you are serious about dentistry work experience is essential. Even with the right grades and experience you aren't guaranteed a place as there is the interview as well.

Quick Reply

Latest