The Student Room Group

What to do

I am 16 and I am sitting my GCSE'S this year, I am targeted As and Bs, but i dont want to sit a levels, i might just join the army, as i see no point in continuing my school career, I want to go die in a field somewhere than be in any more education.
what are your thoughts, what should i do?
Original post by tomfahey09
I am 16 and I am sitting my GCSE'S this year, I am targeted As and Bs, but i dont want to sit a levels, i might just join the army, as i see no point in continuing my school career, I want to go die in a field somewhere than be in any more education.
what are your thoughts, what should i do?

You sound like you're making a bit of a kneejerk decision without a lot of thought about why or what problem you're actually trying to solve.

Have a look at https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/youngpeople/Pages/YoungPeopleLandingPages/Year11.aspx - there's loads of information on the options available to you (and help in working out what career you might enjoy) and there's a lot of ways to contact them for tailored advice and support. Note the bit about the Rules about leaving school though. You have to remain in education or training until you're 18 (so even if you do join the army it would have to be in a very structured training role - and you're unlikely to end up in any fields before your 18th birthday). If you're interested in a military career then the Armed Forces forum on TSR is very active - there should be stickies in there to help you navigate the rules and recruitment process :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You sound like you're making a bit of a kneejerk decision without a lot of thought about why or what problem you're actually trying to solve.

Have a look at https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/youngpeople/Pages/YoungPeopleLandingPages/Year11.aspx - there's loads of information on the options available to you (and help in working out what career you might enjoy) and there's a lot of ways to contact them for tailored advice and support. Note the bit about the Rules about leaving school though. You have to remain in education or training until you're 18 (so even if you do join the army it would have to be in a very structured training role - and you're unlikely to end up in any fields before your 18th birthday). If you're interested in a military career then the Armed Forces forum on TSR is very active - there should be stickies in there to help you navigate the rules and recruitment process :smile:

But i see no point in education, and i would just rather die than be stressed ever again.

Quick Reply

Latest