The Student Room Group

Unsure of a 3rd A level

I currently have English language and Art but what would be recommended to do as a 3rd.

Any suggestion?
Original post by blacada
I currently have English language and Art but what would be recommended to do as a 3rd.

Any suggestion?

Do you have any idea what you might like to do after A levels? University? Apprenticeship? Job? What sort of course? What sort of job?

What subjects are you good at? What subjects do you enjoy?
Original post by blacada

Any suggestion?

You could pick up an exam based subject? Then you have a mix between a few coursework subjects that you're working on through the years and another one that's just assessed at the end. Then again, it's really up to how you're able to balance your workload and what you enjoy!
Original post by DataVenia
Do you have any idea what you might like to do after A levels? University? Apprenticeship? Job? What sort of course? What sort of job?

What subjects are you good at? What subjects do you enjoy?

So it’s complex: I have high target gradrs but due to the high grade boundaries my grades significantly lowered. Barely passing my “strongest” subjects: Psychology, English etc and scoring higher in my “weaker subjects”: Maths and Geography.

It is really disappointing bc I wanted to go further and do Psychology, Biology and Art but it has resulted in English Language, Applied Science (Single) and Art but idk what I can do with that mixture. Especially since Art is my favourite subject but i doubt it will take me far so I am reconsidering all my a levels.
English Language is an overload according to some. Applied science I only picked to have more options and picked it last minute.
I’m considering Sociology, EL and Art but idk what i can fo with that or what uni or anything. It all seems very frantic. Idk what to do especially as the courses are filling up fast.

Original post by blacada
So it’s complex: I have high target gradrs but due to the high grade boundaries my grades significantly lowered. Barely passing my “strongest” subjects: Psychology, English etc and scoring higher in my “weaker subjects”: Maths and Geography.

It is really disappointing bc I wanted to go further and do Psychology, Biology and Art but it has resulted in English Language, Applied Science (Single) and Art but idk what I can do with that mixture. Especially since Art is my favourite subject but i doubt it will take me far so I am reconsidering all my a levels.
English Language is an overload according to some. Applied science I only picked to have more options and picked it last minute.
I’m considering Sociology, EL and Art but idk what i can fo with that or what uni or anything. It all seems very frantic. Idk what to do especially as the courses are filling up fast.

OK. If you have no idea what you want to do at university, we can't look at it from that perspective.

It's relatively unusual to do English Language at A level (people would normally do English Literature). That aside, your "Sociology, EL and Art" trio sounds reasonable to me.

Quick Reply

Latest