The Student Room Group

NOTTINGHAM: Medical Physiology and Therapeutics

Hi there,
I am a Canadian student and I received an alternative offer to Medicine called Medical Physiology and Therapeutics (MPT) from Nottingham.
I would like to know a few things:

1) is there anyone who has graduated from the MPT program? If yes, could you please share some feedback regarding how you found the course?

2) is there anyone who completed 1 year of MPT and then successfully switched over the Graduate entry Medicine program? Again, if yes please share your insights into the application process/competition level/stats, etc.

3) I understand Medicine is a competitive field and Nottingham offers the MPT degree, which is a "firm base" to apply to the accelerated Medicine program. Has anyone undergone this route of study or know someone who has?

I have never been to the UK and I would like to make an informed decision, as best as I can.
Thank you to everyone who responds - it truly is much appreciated!!
Original post by dmta22

2) is there anyone who completed 1 year of MPT and then successfully switched over the Graduate entry Medicine program? Again, if yes please share your insights into the application process/competition level/stats, etc.

I can't answer your other questions, but I can tell you that this isn't possible. Graduate entry medicine is for graduates. Doing one year of an undergraduate degree doesn't make you a graduate!
Reply 2
Original post by Etomidate
I can't answer your other questions, but I can tell you that this isn't possible. Graduate entry medicine is for graduates. Doing one year of an undergraduate degree doesn't make you a graduate!

Oh I'm sorry, I should have mentioned I'm a Graduate student from Canada.
I did my BSc and I will be done my MSc this August.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending