The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What is the most social accommodation at the Uni of Notts?

Received an offer earlier and will be accepting it as it was my top, most ambitious university. I’m a pretty social person and was therefore wondering what accoms are most generally known to be social accoms with stuff like parties and events going on? I can’t seem to find a whole lot about it on here that recent so thought I’d ask.
Practically any catered hall is really social I stayed self catered the year before and found that really dead. But specifically derby, cripps, rutland, lenton
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Practically any catered hall is really social I stayed self catered the year before and found that really dead. But specifically derby, cripps, rutland, lenton
Thanks for this. I was actually leaning towards self catered halls haha cos im a bit unsure as to how good the food in catered halls is lol.
Reply 3
Original post by AprilJune63
Received an offer earlier and will be accepting it as it was my top, most ambitious university. I’m a pretty social person and was therefore wondering what accoms are most generally known to be social accoms with stuff like parties and events going on? I can’t seem to find a whole lot about it on here that recent so thought I’d ask.
What course are you doing? I might be accepting my Notts offer too!
Reply 4
Original post by melitaa
What course are you doing? I might be accepting my Notts offer too!
I’m doing Politics and Economics!! Wbu?
Thanks for this. I was actually leaning towards self catered halls haha cos im a bit unsure as to how good the food in catered halls is lol.
Honestly if ur a decent cook it won’t be too bad but catered Is deffo easier. You also get a meal card where u can buy from subway, cafes and the shop on cafe as well so deffo a bonus
Reply 6
I’m doing Politics and Economics!! Wbu?
Damn girl, I'm doing Medical physiology and Therapeutics Bsc! The annoying thing is that my part of the campus is at Derby. Honestly, I think I'll choose accom at Notts main campus and just take a unibus or something.
Reply 7
Original post by bloograpefroot
Honestly if ur a decent cook it won’t be too bad but catered Is deffo easier. You also get a meal card where u can buy from subway, cafes and the shop on cafe as well so deffo a bonus
I’m ok at cooking but the meal card thing combined with not having to worry about cooking seems pretty cool. Are you able to say anything about the social experience of catered v non catered accoms?
Reply 8
Original post by melitaa
Damn girl, I'm doing Medical physiology and Therapeutics Bsc! The annoying thing is that my part of the campus is at Derby. Honestly, I think I'll choose accom at Notts main campus and just take a unibus or something.
Haha that actually sounds so rough. I reckon you should be fine tho with the hopper bus and stuff lol
Reply 9
Haha that actually sounds so rough. I reckon you should be fine tho with the hopper bus and stuff lol
Yea I'm going to the March offer holder day to see how I'd manage my student life there. Good luck with everythingg
I’m ok at cooking but the meal card thing combined with not having to worry about cooking seems pretty cool. Are you able to say anything about the social experience of catered v non catered accoms?
I’ve stayed in both and I’d probably be biased because I had a really bad time in self- catered. Quite a lot of the self catered accoms are set out into flats whereas the catered isn’t so u can meet more people and then people through dinner etc so just more social like that. u also get free gym membership in catered

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending