The Student Room Group

I am a Schizophrenic ask me anything AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
Yes i have and i'm on an old fashioned typical medication, which is only for us hardcore people. But I work hard. That is how i deal with it.

Are you saying I'm not "hardcore"? :rofl:
Original post by Sabertooth

not at all, but from a strictly medical sense, your disease is not of the same scale as mine, if you are taking adhd drug for it, and i am on a fortnightly depot of dupixol, with weekly meetings with my psychiatric nurse, which i have to attend. sorry for the confusion
not at all, but from a strictly medical sense, your disease is not of the same scale as mine, if you are taking adhd drug for it, and i am on a fortnightly depot of dupixol, with weekly meetings with my psychiatric nurse, which i have to attend. sorry for the confusion

Can't believe I'm doing this, christ almighty. :facepalm:

I take 40mg haldol and 1000mg seroquel, I was under the EIT until I moved to the US, where I see my psychiatrist every few weeks.

The mild ADHD drug was to help with my negative symptoms (which, as you'll hopefully remember me correcting you) include poor concentration and bad motivation/memory. I also have reasonably flat affect making socializing a nightmare.

does that clear things up for you? :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by ikhan94
Whats it like being schizophrenic? what do you feel

It feels Weird.

I take 40mg haldol and 1000mg seroquel, I was under the EIT until I moved to the US, where I see my psychiatrist every few weeks.

The mild ADHD drug was to help with my negative symptoms (which, as you'll hopefully remember me correcting you) include poor concentration and bad motivation/memory. I also have reasonably flat affect making socializing a nightmare.

congratulations you pass the 'hardcore' criteria test saber?!
congratulations you pass the 'hardcore' criteria test saber?!

I guess you shouldn't judge people until you have even the tiniest idea about them. :wink:

i see my p-doc every five/six months now.
i see my p-doc every five/six months now.

Good for you?
I guess you shouldn't judge people until you have even the tiniest idea about them. :wink:

when you told me that you take adhd drug, i didn't realised that was in combination with the others. with live in a world where it is typical practice to judge people first, and ask questions later.

what is your degree in? are you in your final year? and how is it going? do you think you can pass?
it is much harder to do a degree with a severe mental illness such as we have, huh??

:rofl:
Yes hardcore drugs, which ones are you on :lolwut:
when you told me that you take adhd drug, i didn't realised that was in combination with the others. with live in a world where it is typical practice to judge people first, and ask questions later.

what is your degree in? are you in your final year? and how is it going? do you think you can pass?
it is much harder to do a degree with a severe mental illness such as we have, huh??

Sorry dude, I thought you were suggesting that I don't go through this hell and, tbf, that ticked me off.

I'm a first year nursing student. Dropped one class a few weeks ago to reduce my workload so hopefully I can pass the other 3. I've gone from mainly getting Fs in everything to Bs and Cs but I really want to get at least 1 A so I have to work out how to study in spite of my mental health - hence my asking other people how they cope.

Are you at university?
Yes I'm at uni. i wasn'tgood enough to get in to nursing,, plus i'm the wrong gender. so i did twoyears access part time, two years in hospital and five years degree, which iwill get my grade back in two months time. i have had a few as but plenty ofds, which are still passes. i am very lucky in that i have found a very nicelecturer to mark my dissertation, which i am praying he will give me a firstfor, and it will bring my whole degree up to a 2.1 (a 'b' if he does. I will just have to wait and see.good luck with yours.
Yes I'm at uni. i wasn'tgood enough to get in to nursing,, plus i'm the wrong gender. so i did twoyears access part time, two years in hospital and five years degree, which iwill get my grade back in two months time. i have had a few as but plenty ofds, which are still passes. i am very lucky in that i have found a very nicelecturer to mark my dissertation, which i am praying he will give me a firstfor, and it will bring my whole degree up to a 2.1 (a 'b' if he does. I will just have to wait and see.good luck with yours.

Sounds good, man. A first for your dissertation would be awesome! Good luck! :five:

Over your course did you get a lot of extensions or extenuating circumstances or did you just plow through?
Original post by Thomb
I have been sectioned twice under the mental health act and spent months in a mental hospital. AMA

what keeps you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds good, man. A first for your dissertation would be awesome! Good luck! :five:

Over your course did you get a lot of extensions or extenuating circumstances or did you just plow through?

For the first four years i used my extra hand in/exam time for nearly every unit i think. but recently this year, i have been able to do it within the standard parameters i think!
Original post by triphazards
what keeps you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An amazing amount of ambition.[video="youtube;x3A0IlXpHNc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3A0IlXpHNc[/video]

Actually, the drug used for probably the most severe (I guess that is what you are talking about with scale) and treatment resistant forms of psychosis and schizophrenia is atypical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, just had to ask. What do you mean wrong gender?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Actually, the drug used for probably the most severe (I guess that is what you are talking about with scale) and treatment resistant forms of psychosis and schizophrenia is atypical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he means the dose is higher when injected than when taken in a pill.
Original post by bullettheory

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are right in that clozapine (the drug for the worst sufferers of schizophrenia) is a typical. my bad

Quick Reply

Latest