The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emscarrickxo
hi! I am moving into student halls in September! I'm going to be studying occupational therapy at QMU :smile:

Hi sorry to butt in here too but I'll also be moving into halls! I'll be studying diagnostic radiography ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
I'll also be staying in halls and I'm studying psychology.

Is there any Facebook groups or anything like that yet?
Original post by ashleymacleod

awww hi!! and I don't know yet! hadn't found anyone else who was even staying in them till now
Hello,
I've been accepted on to the Pre-reg Speech and Language Therapy masters. I was just wondering what happens next? I think I read somewhere that we will be sent some forms to fill in sometime in April - is this correct? I am away until the beginning of June so wouldn't be able to send them back until then...would that be ok? Thank you very much for your help!!Ash :smile:
Original post by ashimo24
Hello,
I've been accepted on to the Pre-reg Speech and Language Therapy masters. I was just wondering what happens next? I think I read somewhere that we will be sent some forms to fill in sometime in April - is this correct? I am away until the beginning of June so wouldn't be able to send them back until then...would that be ok? Thank you very much for your help!!Ash :smile:

Hi Ash!
You will be sent some information via email and post - by post you should expect the PVG scheme form which should be completed and returned to us as soon as you can. This is usually sent out in April/May so if you can prioritise that on your return. They need to have that check completed before you start enrolment in August and they take several weeks to process. Other than that, it would be getting yourself sorted with accommodation. We will also send you details of enrolment in the summer, which will show you the next steps for things like getting your student card etc. but that won't be for a little while yet.
We look forward to seeing you on campus in a few months!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Hi there!Make sure you like the QMUSU facebook page to be kept up to date with Fresher's activities as they're confirmed: https://www.facebook.com/QMUSU/

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Hi, for the general visit day on Friday when will the programme be released?
Original post by nerdkoala
Hi, for the general visit day on Friday when will the programme be released?

Hi there. The programme is online, has been for a few weeks now. If you go to the link in the offer letter (the one you used to book) you should have the option to view the schedules for each day. You should aim to arrive around 12.30pm for the talks starting at 1pm.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Just firmed my conditional offer for psychology :biggrin: Is anyone else on here going to do psychology?

Me, I firmed my conditional offer too! :smile:
Hello! I'm an EU student and I'm holding a conditional offer for Psychology and I passed the English language certificate, which was what I needed for the offer to become unconditional. I've sent all the documents etc (some via post and then again via email) to the admissions office but they haven't replied or said anything yet, or changed the offer... What should I do? I want to know if there's something wrong in case I need to do something else before the deadlines!Thanks :smile:
anyone in student halls know what block they are staying in?? I'm block E :smile:
Original post by autumnsongg
Hello! I'm an EU student and I'm holding a conditional offer for Psychology and I passed the English language certificate, which was what I needed for the offer to become unconditional. I've sent all the documents etc (some via post and then again via email) to the admissions office but they haven't replied or said anything yet, or changed the offer... What should I do? I want to know if there's something wrong in case I need to do something else before the deadlines!Thanks :smile:

Hi there - could you DM with your application ID number or email [email protected] with your ID number so I can check your application status? It may be that the documents have been matched to your application but the update hasn't gotten to you, or if the documents came in without your ID number they may not have been matched. If you can give your ID number, I'll check for you.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Hi there - could you DM with your application ID number or email [email protected] with your ID number so I can check your application status? It may be that the documents have been matched to your application but the update hasn't gotten to you, or if the documents came in without your ID number they may not have been matched. If you can give your ID number, I'll check for you.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Ok thanks I will DM you now!!
Reply 133
Original post by emscarrickxo
anyone in student halls know what block they are staying in?? I'm block E :smile:

How to you know where you're staying? Did you get an unconditional offer?
Original post by Eil
How to you know where you're staying? Did you get an unconditional offer?

yeah I did so I sorted out my accommodation straight away!
Reply 135
I've applied for accommodation but I didn't get an unconditional so I have to wait until my results come in to firm my place
Original post by Eil
I've applied for accommodation but I didn't get an unconditional so I have to wait until my results come in to firm my place

awww that's exciting!! are your conditions manageable do you think?? and what course have you applied for?!
Original post by Eil

Same, I'm waiting to know about the offer and the accommodation and I can't wait!
Reply 138
Original post by Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Ask the Queen Margaret University Official Rep any questions you may have about applying to QMU next year! Entry requirements, accommodation, student life, Edinburgh city, finances or anything at all - just get in touch! Post your question below or you can private message us directly.

Step Into QMU and develop your passion with us!

Hi, I've been accepted to do nursing in September this year, I was just curious to know if throughout the 4 years do nurses have to the opportunity to do a placement aboard?
Thanks Gemma
Original post by Gem**
Hi, I've been accepted to do nursing in September this year, I was just curious to know if throughout the 4 years do nurses have to the opportunity to do a placement aboard?
Thanks Gemma

Hi Gemma,
Apologies - I wrote a reply to this yesterday but when I came on today to check it has disappeared! I'll try again...
At present Nursing doesn't have allocated study abroad options, however it is something which we are investigating at present and are hoping to have a partnership set up very soon. What I would say is to speak with your course tutor when you start and make yourself known for this opportunity. The more interest we get from students, the more evidence and push we can have to get these links set up! The sticking point is with the Nursing & Midwifery Council requirements for your registration at the end, so some work is still to be done there, but never say never! And the more we hear of demand from students, the better chance we have of setting something up. Maybe by your third year you could be the pioneer student!
Charlotte
Official QMU TSR Rep

Quick Reply

Latest