The Student Room Group

Resisting btec units

Ive gotten a DDD for btec applied science but need a D*DD what units will i need to resit if i got the following grades in these units

Unit 1 principals and applications of science: P

Practical Scientific procedures and techniques D .

Scientific investigations skills:P

Laboratory techniques and their application: D.

Principles and applications of science II:P

Investigative Project: D.

Unit 7: Contemporary Issues in Science:M.

Human Regulation and Reproduction: D

Bioiogical Molecules and Metabolic Pathways:M.

Microbiology and Microbiological Techniques: D.

Infections and Diseases: D.

Genetics and Genetic Engineering: D.

Forensic Evidence, Collection and
Analvsis: D
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by 257kenny
Ive gotten a DDD for btec applied science but need a D*DD what units will i need to resit if i got the following grades in these units

Unit 1 principals and applications of science: P

Practical Scientific procedures and techniques D .

Scientific investigations skills:P

Laboratory techniques and their application: D.

Principles and applications of science II:P

Investigative Project: D.

Unit 7: Contemporary Issues in Science:M.

Human Regulation and Reproduction: D

Bioiogical Molecules and Metabolic Pathways:M.

Microbiology and Microbiological Techniques: D.

Infections and Diseases: D.

Genetics and Genetic Engineering: D.

Forensic Evidence, Collection and
Analvsis: D

When you say you have DDD, I'm assuming you have finished the course this year and have received that as the final overall grade. If that is the case you will not be able to redo any of the coursework units as these will all be past the 15 working days for resub rules. You may be able to resit one ore more of your exams (if you haven't already resat) , but this is difficult if your teachers have already 'claimed certification'. They may be able to refuse the certificate, send it back and reopen registration, but this would require an agreement from the Principal/ Head teacher. Additionally you wont be able to resit the exam/s until next January, so would not receive a certificate this year. If this is allowed, you will need to get at least an extra 18 points to get to D*DD. To do this you will need to go from P to D for 120 GLH exams, or from P to M AND P to D for two 90 GLH exams. See Pages 308-309 of spec; https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Applied-Science/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/BTEC-L3-Nat-ExtDip-in-Applied-Science-Spec.pdf
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending