The Student Room Group

Lost my phone but have located it using Find my iPhone

Ok so basically I left it in a taxi last night. I've rang the taxi company and nothing has been handed into lost and found and the taxi driver hasn't handed it in.

Also, my phone is on silent however doesn't have a pin lock to access it.

Now that I know what road it is on, what protocol do I take?

I can't ring anyone so I can only contact people using email.. I'm also in a student house so all my friends are back home for Easter and I leave to go home tomorrow morning.

Please help!!
Reply 1
Go to the road it is on?
Be grateful, my uncle lost it and just 2 days later he found it in Pakistan.
Unless you have some big friends to come with you then be careful.
report it to the police, but they might not help you.
Trying to recover it on your own could go wrng- read the link.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/find-my-iphone-it-safe-civilians-trace-stolen-smartphones-without-police-1506905
I've never even bothered setting up my 'Find my iPhone' - probably should

I'd let the taxi company know which road your phone is on as they might be able to narrow it down to a specific driver and can then tell him to bring it in
I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago, I get how stressed you must be feeling! One thing I did was contacted my network provider to block my number, in case someone who found it tried to use it. Also if you're suspicious that someone has stolen it you can contact the police, provide them with your IMEI number and they can also track it. However they can't physically retrieve the phone unless they're certain its been stolen. Keep tracking your phone yourself if you can too.

Hope this helps :smile:
You should be able to remotely access the phone and lock it from your laptop. Take screenshots of where your phone is atm and save them. Go to the police.
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
I've never even bothered setting up my 'Find my iPhone' - probably should

I'd let the taxi company know which road your phone is on as they might be able to narrow it down to a specific driver and can then tell him to bring it in

Thats a good idea- nit sure they should relase that information, but good for locating the house.
Same thing happened to me. I rang my phone and the driver kindly brought it to the office for a small fee.

Use a public phone box.
Update:

Wed Night: Lost my phone
Thurs: I located it in one place. Taxi driver's day off so the taxi company couldn't contact him until he was on the system again (working).
Fri afternoon: Traced it using Find my iPhone and it was all over the place. Continually rang the company to urge them to contact the driver and see if it was in his car.
4.30pm I'm told he handed it into Lost & Found which closes at 5pm.. I live 2 hours away from where I lost it.

Overall: It's been handed in but I can't get it until Monday evening haha.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Didn't realise I could use the Satellite option on Find my iPhone (D'oh). I'll know for next time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest