The Student Room Group

Fashion internship

Hi, I'd like to get a fashion internship or any other fashion-related experience.

Problem is I don't study fashion at university and am not looking for a career in fashion, I have no fashion-related qualifications apart from having worked as a sales assistant at a clothing store. I want to do this purely because it would be something I enjoy. I can just imagine myself having so much fun working in that sort of environment. Styling, photography, being involved in photoshoots or admin or anything similar. Just doing a fashion photography internship would be equally great. I've envisaged a role like something from Sabrina (where the main character gets a makeover and gets to stay in Paris) but maybe that's a bit fanciful. :smile:

Does anybody know how I'd go about finding such an internship or experience?
(edited 8 years ago)
Contact companies you'd like to work for or research internships. You should probably talk to a careers adviser so you have given some thought to why any employer should let you do an internship. You do come across a bit fanciful. Its not a holiday or there purely for your enteratinment, its a business who might be offering an insight into the industry. that means you need to pitch yourself as being worthwhile to let through the door. Its up to you to show some initiative as well as making targeted and well written applications to beat other people who want the same thing.
Original post by 999tigger
Contact companies you'd like to work for or research internships. You should probably talk to a careers adviser so you have given some thought to why any employer should let you do an internship. You do come across a bit fanciful. Its not a holiday or there purely for your enteratinment, its a business who might be offering an insight into the industry. that means you need to pitch yourself as being worthwhile to let through the door. Its up to you to show some initiative as well as making targeted and well written applications to beat other people who want the same thing.

Thanks...

By the way, that bit about Sabrina was a bit of a joke. Chill!

I can pitch myself well if I worked on it. (Though if anybody had any specific advice on what internship organizers look for I'd take that as well.) I was more looking for advice on where to start looking to find such a position in the first place.
http://www.fashionworkie.com/internships-work-placements

You just need to search for companies in your area and if they dont offer one then no harm in asking.
Original post by 999tigger
http://www.fashionworkie.com/internships-work-placements

You just need to search for companies in your area and if they dont offer one then no harm in asking.

Thank you :smile: :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest