The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Thank you! And I will do that, didn't add any varied sentences, just wanted to make this for the description :biggrin:

Oh OK, fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Oh OK, fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:thumbsup:
Hi
Excellent, now the thread is trending on the front page and will attract loads more people, so it'll be over again much quicker :smile:
Original post by Associativity
Excellent, now the thread is trending on the front page and will attract loads more people, so it'll be over again much quicker :smile:

Your welcome!
:thumbsup:

:dance:
Original post by bruce.wayne
Hi

Hellooooo :h:

Yes, very true:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's up?
Original post by bruce.wayne
What's up?

Hi, I'm well thanks. How're you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw HI!
this thread will fly now:smile:
:vroam::train::train2::taz:
btw HI!
this thread will fly now:smile:
:vroam::train::train2::taz:

Hi, how are you?
Haha yeah, hopefully it will:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, how are you?
Haha yeah, hopefully it will:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great thanks, just revising for final year uni exams, loads of work :work:...

...which is why I'm on here :smile:
Great thanks, just revising for final year uni exams, loads of work :work:...

...which is why I'm on here :smile:

That's good to hear :smile: ooh good luck! Hahaha well it's nice to have a break every now and again :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good to hear :smile: ooh good luck! Hahaha well it's nice to have a break every now and again :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Certainly is! Sorry I'm taking a while to respond, I'm kind of coming on here inbetween doing questions and checking the answers.
Certainly is! Sorry I'm taking a while to respond, I'm kind of coming on here inbetween doing questions and checking the answers.

Ohh that's OK, I'm not really focusing on TSR either :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just trying to get the thread up the trending ranks, we're up to number 4 if I understand it correctly :smile:

And also speak to new people and have nice conversations.
I'm just trying to get the thread up the trending ranks, we're up to number 4 if I understand it correctly :smile:

And also speak to new people and have nice conversations.

I see, yes. It's better to try to get closer to that final post:yep:

Yes, indeed. What do you study at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see, yes. It's better to try to get closer to that final post:yep:

Yes, indeed. What do you study at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mathematics (loving it). Yourself?
Mathematics (loving it). Yourself?

Woahhhhh! I'm still at GCSE :redface: but I think I'd like to do it at uni. What's your favourite topic? Also, do you prefer pure or applied?

(I have to go soon so if I don't reply, that be why)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Woahhhhh! I'm still at GCSE :redface: but I think I'd like to do it at uni. What's your favourite topic? Also, do you prefer pure or applied?

(I have to go soon so if I don't reply, that be why)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'm really quite interested in both pure and applied maths. My final year project was to do with numerical methods (at GCSE you won't have bumped into these, but basically they are ways of finding approximate solutions to equations which cannot currently, or possibly ever, be solved exactly) for use in numerical weather prediction, so pretty applied. My masters/PhD (it's all in one course) is going to be in communication science, and I will be using what is generally considered quite pure maths here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well, I'm really quite interested in both pure and applied maths. My final year project was to do with numerical methods (at GCSE you won't have bumped into these, but basically they are ways of finding approximate solutions to equations which cannot currently, or possibly ever, be solved exactly) for use in numerical weather prediction, so pretty applied. My masters/PhD (it's all in one course) is going to be in communication science, and I will be using what is generally considered quite pure maths here.

Ooh this sounds very interesting:yep: Did you do numerical methods at A Level or was it something you only started looking at in uni? Ohh I see - well it's a good thing you like both. Have you regretted it at any point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest