The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 ICT June 2016 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Here are a few ideas and questions to work on about the pre release. I don't have any answers to them - we have just started working on them in class.
Wendy
Reply 21
Original post by Whitbywendy
Here are a few ideas and questions to work on about the pre release. I don't have any answers to them - we have just started working on them in class.
Wendy

Thanks. Did you make this yourself?
Yes I did - I'm a teacher not a student!!
Reply 23
Yes I did - I'm a teacher not a student!!

Oh nice! can you mark my INFO4 coursework?
ha ha - dream on! I've got enough to do marking my own students' coursework.
Reply 25
ha ha - dream on! I've got enough to do marking my own students' coursework.

What are your students grades looking like?

my teacher has given the class 2a*s 3A's and 1B

and has yours ever been moderated and gone down?
Those sound very good grades.
Haven't done final marking yet but one of my students uses this site regularly so wouldn't want to give her grade out - that wouldn't be fair. Never had lower than a C in 7 years (and they were EAL students). Not had any moderated downwards except for the very first year of the spec (when I only had 1 student) and it was a mis-interpretation of the mark scheme compared to what had gone before.
Reply 27
Those sound very good grades.
Haven't done final marking yet but one of my students uses this site regularly so wouldn't want to give her grade out - that wouldn't be fair. Never had lower than a C in 7 years (and they were EAL students). Not had any moderated downwards except for the very first year of the spec (when I only had 1 student) and it was a mis-interpretation of the mark scheme compared to what had gone before.

Oh okay, im just concerned looking at the AQA statistics for ICT, less than 10% get As, and only 2% get A*s. Which is low considering this subject is not as hard compared to other subjects such as maths where 30% achieve A's for.
I agree, the stats are quite low though I've had quite a lot of As and Bs and 1 A*. (I only have 2 or 3 students per year!)
I just think some students choose it because they think it's "easier" and then find it's actually not. Or they choose it because they are good at the software side but their English is weak.
If your coursework is good and you have good AS grades then you should be fine. Just make sure you know the pre-release stuff really well.
Reply 29
I agree, the stats are quite low though I've had quite a lot of As and Bs and 1 A*. (I only have 2 or 3 students per year!)
I just think some students choose it because they think it's "easier" and then find it's actually not. Or they choose it because they are good at the software side but their English is weak.
If your coursework is good and you have good AS grades then you should be fine. Just make sure you know the pre-release stuff really well.

sure, have you ordered the zigzag predicted questions?
no I haven't bothered. I've used their revision guides before though. Are they any good or worth buying? Bit expensive for only 3 students!!
Reply 31
hi guys with regards to info3 aqa, i am private candidate and i cannot gain access to the preliminary material. If you could please email it to me or attach it on the thread, I'd highly appreciate it.

With regards to coursework, expect your marks to change given my teacher had marked my coursework 77/80, however following results my coursework go marked down to 59/80. The examiner report for june 2014 indicated several centres had failed to mark accordingly.
Reply 32
also if anyone has predicted question with answers for the premlinary material, that would be very useful.
Reply 33
Original post by hkara
hi guys with regards to info3 aqa, i am private candidate and i cannot gain access to the preliminary material. If you could please email it to me or attach it on the thread, I'd highly appreciate it.

With regards to coursework, expect your marks to change given my teacher had marked my coursework 77/80, however following results my coursework go marked down to 59/80. The examiner report for june 2014 indicated several centres had failed to mark accordingly.

the cw is out of 70.
Reply 34
i meant UMS marks as the raw mark out of 70 gets converted.
Reply 35
imran do you have the prelimnary material? if you could please attach it, id highly appreciate the help
Reply 36
Original post by hkara
i meant UMS marks as the raw mark out of 70 gets converted.

oh, and nope I dont have the electronic copy of the pre release.
Reply 37
anyone started revising yet? my plan is to make notes til 10th may, revise til the notes til 5th june, practice past papers til exam day,,,,,
Reply 38
Original post by hkara
anyone started revising yet? my plan is to make notes til 10th may, revise til the notes til 5th june, practice past papers til exam day,,,,,

What did you get for AS?
Reply 39
171/200- a

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending