The Student Room Group

Procrastination

Procrastination has become a habit for some people, including me, at this time of the year.
this post was lead to the extreme procrastination that I am living at this moment.
Considering that I have exams in like 5 weeks.
The thing with procrastination is that our desires and the things we want to do right now come in the way of our ultimate goals and we usually choose our immediate desires. For example, your ultimate goal right now is probably to do well in your exams in 5 weeks time. But right now your desire might be to go and watch TV or surf the internet so your immediate desire wins and you ignore your goals and start procrastinating. Until of course the last day before your exam, when your immediate desire becomes to do well in exams. So you end up cramming all your revision and panicking.
The trick is to make your immediate desire to do well in exams instead of other things then that way you'll want to revise. Just keep reminding yourself of your goal and ask yourself whether now you want to watch pointless TV for a few hours or get A* in exams?
Don't know if this helped, hope it did. I procrastinate a lot too, absolutely hate it! :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by SweetCupcakes
The thing with procrastination is that our desires and the things we want to do right now come in the way of our ultimate goals and we usually choose our immediate desires. For example, your ultimate goal right now is probably to do well in your exams in 5 weeks time. But right now your desire might be to go and watch TV or surf the internet so your immediate desire wins and you ignore your goals and start procrastinating. Until of course the last day before your exam, when your immediate desire becomes to do well in exams. So you end up cramming all your revision and panicking.
The trick is to make your immediate desire to do well in exams instead of other things then that way you'll want to revise. Just keep reminding yourself of your goal and ask yourself whether now you want to watch pointless TV for a few hours or get A* in exams?
Don't know if this helped, hope it did. I procrastinate a lot too, absolutely hate it! :frown:

Oh my God :smile: you are probably the most helpful person I came across today. Ill make sure your advice is followed. Don't procrastinate either, it's a fatal disease lol.
Enjoy your day
Original post by Maths boss
Oh my God :smile: you are probably the most helpful person I came across today. Ill make sure your advice is followed. Don't procrastinate either, it's a fatal disease lol.
Enjoy your day

I am glad it was helpful!:wink::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest