The Student Room Group

level revision tips for A's

I am unmotivated and a procrastinator however I really want to go to med school and get good grades. what are the best ways to revise effectively and to stay motivated/prevent procrastination.
Original post by sg.0
I am unmotivated and a procrastinator however I really want to go to med school and get good grades. what are the best ways to revise effectively and to stay motivated/prevent procrastination.

Hi @sg.0,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been feeling unmotivated lately.

I've noticed that I tend to procrastinate with the tasks at hand because I have this thought in my head that this task is abnormally large and impossible to tackle. Clearly, I'm just overwhelmed and not thinking rationally. Once I begin to break down the revision in more manageable and digestible chunks, I naturally felt motivated to have an attempt at revising.

Instead of telling yourself you need to "revise biology", you can tell yourself: "I need to become more familiar with negative feedback control mechanisms." Although you're still "revising biology", you're breaking it into smaller chunks. Taking smaller steps to feel less overwhelmed. I referred to my specification points regularly during my revision sessions, as the spec points already list the content in bullet points. Everyday I would cover a few points until eventually I became confident in my understanding for the exam.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
that's great thank you ill try and look at it in that way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending