The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all with offers and all the best to those still waiting to hear back!

I've got an offer to study MSc. Human Molecular Genetics! Is there anyone else doing this course?

I'm excited to be an Imperial student!!! :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by calmsmile93
Congrats to all with offers and all the best to those still waiting to hear back!

I've got an offer to study MSc. Human Molecular Genetics! Is there anyone else doing this course?

I'm excited to be an Imperial student!!! :smile:

Hi calmsmile93 :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer! What campus are you going to be based on?
Original post by Lucianaaaa
Anyone in the school of medicine MSc's received their conditions yet? Do you guys have to get a 1:1?

I am doing the MSc in Immunology (which is school of medicine) and I only have to get a 2:2! I am predicted a 2:1 so hopefully should be fine and they seemed to be more interested in my references and personal statement so if you've got good ones of those, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by JellyShenney
I am doing the MSc in Immunology (which is school of medicine) and I only have to get a 2:2! I am predicted a 2:1 so hopefully should be fine and they seemed to be more interested in my references and personal statement so if you've got good ones of those, you'll be fine :smile:

oh really?
wow! because during my second year things were a bit shitty and it brought my average down, but this year so far things are great. wow this is really good to know because i was just gonna accept my other place without hearing but back but ill try and email icl to see for any updates!
Original post by christieio
Hi calmsmile93 :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer! What campus are you going to be based on?

Hey christieio!

Congrats to you too!!!

I should be mainly based on the Hammersmith campus. I think I'll be spending time on a few of the other campuses too.

What campus will you be based on? :smile:
oh really?
wow! because during my second year things were a bit shitty and it brought my average down, but this year so far things are great. wow this is really good to know because i was just gonna accept my other place without hearing but back but ill try and email icl to see for any updates!

Luciana,

You should check with UCL how many days you have to cancel an offer you accept. Because thats what I did with one of the other unis that offered me a place. I accepted it and then once i got the imperial offer i canceled my previous one. This way you don't have to stress about replying tomorrow.
Original post by calmsmile93
Hey christieio!

Congrats to you too!!!

I should be mainly based on the Hammersmith campus. I think I'll be spending time on a few of the other campuses too.

What campus will you be based on? :smile:

I'm based on Hammersmith too :biggrin::biggrin: Maybe we will get to meet lol.
Luciana,

You should check with UCL how many days you have to cancel an offer you accept. Because thats what I did with one of the other unis that offered me a place. I accepted it and then once i got the imperial offer i canceled my previous one. This way you don't have to stress about replying tomorrow.

that's true, ive got 14 days but i have to pay a 1k deposit directly after accepting. however getting it refunded will take a while and is just a major hassle, but it is an option!
that's true, ive got 14 days but i have to pay a 1k deposit directly after accepting. however getting it refunded will take a while and is just a major hassle, but it is an option!

Oh, that is a pain.:s-smilie:

You should just call up UCL then and explain your situation. Maybe then can give you other options.
Oh, that is a pain.:s-smilie:

You should just call up UCL then and explain your situation. Maybe then can give you other options.

yeah i'll try:biggrin: i managed to get an extension already but it was only 5 extra days. Ah well :biggrin:
Hey guys!
I've just received an offer from Imperial for a MSc in Immunology! I'm so excited, has anyone thought about getting jobs though? At this rate I feel like I'll have to turn it down because I can't afford the london prices! :/ wasn't sure if anyone knew anyone in previous years who know what the workload is like?
Original post by jessw5377
Hey guys!
I've just received an offer from Imperial for a MSc in Immunology! I'm so excited, has anyone thought about getting jobs though? At this rate I feel like I'll have to turn it down because I can't afford the london prices! :/ wasn't sure if anyone knew anyone in previous years who know what the workload is like?

Hey jessw5377! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer!! That's amazing :biggrin:
I was thinking about searching for a job too maybe on the weekends but I am a bit worried as to how im gonna balance work and uni. :/ For the workload, there are rumours saying that Imperial has double the workload of other unis but I wouldn't worry if I was you. I'm sure it's not that bad.

Also, regarding the london prices, are you familiar with the new postgraduate loan scheme by the government? They can lend you up to 10k towards your tuition fees and living costs.
Hey guys!

Another Immunologist! Congratulations on your offer :smile: I believe we are in everyday from 10-5pm.
Hey jessw5377! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer!! That's amazing :biggrin:
I was thinking about searching for a job too maybe on the weekends but I am a bit worried as to how im gonna balance work and uni. :/ For the workload, there are rumours saying that Imperial has double the workload of other unis but I wouldn't worry if I was you. I'm sure it's not that bad.

Also, regarding the london prices, are you familiar with the new postgraduate loan scheme by the government? They can lend you up to 10k towards your tuition fees and living costs.

Thanks you too! :biggrin: Yeah thats what my issue as well, plus living in London I don't want to have no social life at all haha. Yeah I've been looking into that but I don't know about you but my course is £9,700, and coming straight from an undergraduate degree means I will have pretty much no savings haha :/
Thanks you too! :biggrin: Yeah thats what my issue as well, plus living in London I don't want to have no social life at all haha. Yeah I've been looking into that but I don't know about you but my course is £9,700, and coming straight from an undergraduate degree means I will have pretty much no savings haha :/

Yeah, I know what you mean :/ Did you get any other offers then?
Original post by BioGeek
Another Immunologist! Congratulations on your offer :smile: I believe we are in everyday from 10-5pm.

yay congrats to! Oh if thats the case I'm almost tempted to commute
Yeah, I know what you mean :/ Did you get any other offers then?

I had an interview at Manchester but I didn't go as I decided I didn't really want to do the course, then I have an offer from Newcastle for an MRes to get a 2:1. Imperial is my dream uni and its obviously a lot better, but Newcastles fees are only £5,500! How about you?
I had an interview at Manchester but I didn't go as I decided I didn't really want to do the course, then I have an offer from Newcastle for an MRes to get a 2:1. Imperial is my dream uni and its obviously a lot better, but Newcastles fees are only £5,500! How about you?

Well, that's london unis for ya:tongue: Double the fees for the prestigious uni lol. As for me, I got another 8 offers (Queen Mary, Sheffield, Hull, Sussex, Glasgow, Kent), some of them accepted me in two of their courses. I'm also still waiting to hear back from UCL. But, as you said, Imperial is my dream uni too that's why I chose it.
Well, that's london unis for ya:tongue: Double the fees for the prestigious uni lol. As for me, I got another 8 offers (Queen Mary, Sheffield, Hull, Sussex, Glasgow, Kent), some of them accepted me in two of their courses. I'm also still waiting to hear back from UCL. But, as you said, Imperial is my dream uni too that's why I chose it.

Yeah exactly when you're the fourth best in the country you can afford to! :tongue: blimey you applied for a lot of courses! well if you've got the offer its looking good then! what grades do you need?
Yeah exactly when you're the fourth best in the country you can afford to! :tongue: blimey you applied for a lot of courses! well if you've got the offer its looking good then! what grades do you need?

I was given an unconditional offer. I graduated last year with a 2:1 and all they wanted was proof of my transcript and my deposit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending