The Student Room Group

4Ds to 4As in a month?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlayerBB
You seem really motivated and determined to pull it off!!! You have a whole month, you can DO IT!! Best of luck :yy:

Thanks a lot and haha I wish I was more motivated, the amount of content in biology is just ridiculous really :angry:
Original post by amarthebeast69
What's the best way or place for revising C1 and C2 Edexcel Maths?

papers
Original post by zXcodeXz
Im thinking about taking this for next year. Are these good subjects?

depends what you wanna do at uni :biggrin:
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks man your progress has motivated me to study to get those As at GCSE. Currently at Cs.
I have a month to go! :smile:

those A*s you mean :wink:, a month is a lot of time for GCSEs I wish I would have spent a month instead of revising the day before the exam :angry:
Original post by Lawliettt
It's a trap. I remember when I thought I covered all the content in d1 maths in a week. Never have I been so wrong. Let's just say I got an A in both c1 and c2 yet I still got a C overall.

Theres a difference between reading and covering content.

I haven't just read the content. I have made flashcards, memorised them and done past papers which are essentially simulations of what I am going to face in the exam hall so I think they are a good gauge of where I am
Original post by keynes24
Different students have different abilities, someone could be working very hard and only get a C or B. Also there is the issue of performance under exam conditions. A2 is going to be challenging and you may want to change your view/approach otherwise you may end up in the same situation as now. Wish you the best and just keep working hard.

That is true, and thank you I hope I do:biggrin:
Original post by ronnydandam
24/04/16:
Chemistry: D
Maths: D
Physics: D
Biology: D

Update:
28/04/16

Chemistry:B
Maths:B
Physics:B
Biology D

Managed to cover all the content for three subjects in the last four days or so and did some papers, just guess I need to refine my exam technique and do more papers and make a start on biology

Hey, that's so possible it's almost synonymous to easy. Exams are only hard if you know what to do & a D grade is what you knew when you took the exam, not what you know now let alone what you'll know in a month's time.
You can definitely do it and if you revise in a way you know has worked for you (or one you believe will work for you and stick to it) you'll be able to get the As that you want; no problem.

I believe in you
Original post by LordwinJMA
Hey, that's so possible it's almost synonymous to easy. Exams are only hard if you know what to do & a D grade is what you knew when you took the exam, not what you know now let alone what you'll know in a month's time.
You can definitely do it and if you revise in a way you know has worked for you (or one you believe will work for you and stick to it) you'll be able to get the As that you want; no problem.

I believe in you

Exactly! Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. The only problem I face is that I have only covered half of the biology course and I know I'll cover it all in time but I don't whether it will stick in my head in the exam and I don't think I have enough time to go over it twice :angry: But I am doing past paper questions for topics I've done so far and I have got As in them(covered loads today)
Original post by Lawliettt
It's a trap. I remember when I thought I covered all the content in d1 maths in a week. Never have I been so wrong. Let's just say I got an A in both c1 and c2 yet I still got a C overall.

Theres a difference between reading and covering content.

D1 can easily be covered in a couple of days. I had lessons on it from October till December then did no work for it until 2 to 3 days before the exam. Then I did a few of days of light revision. I got 93. You could realistically do it in a day or less. People often joke about covering it on the bus on the morning of the exam and it's not a big exaggeration.
Original post by morgan8002
D1 can easily be covered in a couple of days. I had lessons on it from October till December then did no work for it until 2 to 3 days before the exam. Then I did a few of days of light revision. I got 93. You could realistically do it in a day or less. People often joke about covering it on the bus on the morning of the exam and it's not a big exaggeration.

what about going from a C to an A in C2? I know it's easy to but how long you reckon? :biggrin:
what about going from a C to an A in C2? I know it's easy to but how long you reckon? :biggrin:

It really depends how much you work etc. and the reasons that you're not getting an A now.
It really depends how much you work etc. and the reasons that you're not getting an A now.

3 chapters which I haven't learnt, arithmetic, geometric and logs but I'm strong in the otgers
depends what you wanna do at uni :biggrin:

Like physics, chemistry or engineering

You need FM for physics I think and engineering too maybe, not sure though
3 chapters which I haven't learnt, arithmetic, geometric and logs but I'm strong in the otgers

It depends how much time you put in, but maybe a couple of weeks.

You should do further maths for physics or engineering.
You need FM for physics I think and engineering too maybe, not sure though

Oh ok thank you
It depends how much time you put in, but maybe a couple of weeks.

You should do further maths for physics or engineering.

Ok thanks!

You've given me hope because I haven't looked at it in literally a year but I'm retaking. I still remember all the sorting algorithms, bin packing and linear programming. I'll need to find time to revise for it before my exam
Yes it does 😄
Stay motivated and I hope you achieve your goals!!!

Quick Reply

Latest