The Student Room Group

Think the EU’s bad now? Wait until Albania joins

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youngmetro
Russia are one of the biggest threats to world peace. They have a crumbling economy and people who hold very extreme views. Im sure you would fit in fine. Dont worry, the West is doing very well thank you very much, standard of living and freedom is much higher here.

Russia are much more corrupt than the West, spreading propaganda, censorship and generally corrupt officials. By the way, how is your leader, Putin the Paedophile doing?

sounds like a lot of Islamic countries.
Original post by AperfectBalance

idc, im not a muslim or from an islamic anyway so how exactly is this relevant? failed ad hom, well done
You mean "freedom" like the murder of journalists and frequent assaults on LGBT people? It's amusing how some people in this country love to complain but are unaware of good they have it, idealising other countries which actually have far fewer freedoms.
Original post by AperfectBalance

Except that no one here said that they would be moving to one of those Islamic countries for the great freedoms that they guarantee.
Original post by TheSuingEU
The Albanian Option. It sounds like a John le Carré novel. You imagine a story with political intrigue, huge sums of money going astray, criminality and double-dealing. And you’d be right.

But the Albanian Option isn’t holiday reading fiction it’s diplomatic fact.Albania is on course to join the European Union alongside four other countries, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. The already unwieldy group of 28 is due to become a throng of 33.

And Britain isn’t just backing this move. We’re paying for it.Every week we send £350 million to the EU. And now millions of your hard-earned taxes are being directed to these five prospective members.

More:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3566620/Michael-Gove-warns-EU-expansion-open-borders-88-million-Europe-s-poorest-countries.html

You lose all credibility when you start saying things that are factually incorrect. When will the leave campaign stop repeating the same blatant lies over, and over, and over?
Also, this looks like project fear in action.
What all this shows is that not only is the Russia government backwards and regressive, but the people are also like that.
Reply 27
What all this shows is that not only is the Russia government backwards and regressive, but the people are also like that.

Coming from the guy who is part of the political groups which champion Islam. How progressive you are :wink:
Original post by Omen96
Coming from the guy who is part of the political groups which champion Islam. How progressive you are :wink:

Im sorry what? im centre left, doesnt make me 'champion islam' in anyway.

You're judgement is obviously irrelevant since you think the russians have a half decent government
Reply 29
Im sorry what? im centre left, doesnt make me 'champion islam' in anyway.

You're judgement is obviously irrelevant since you think the russians have a half decent government

The left have a reputation and are known for championing Islam, I'm not going around pretending to be "progressive" while you are, all while defending Islam and Islamic traditions
Original post by Omen96
The left have a reputation and are known for championing Islam, I'm not going around pretending to be "progressive" while you are, all while defending Islam and Islamic traditions

I never defend islam itself, just the discrimination muslims face. If you wanna make assumptions like that, you're probably a homophobic white russian with a superiority complex that came to Britain to scrounge of benefits. You also seem to talk like that voice of Britain, face it mate, no one likes Russia, the people and the beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending