The Student Room Group

Are you Introverted or Extroverted?

Scroll to see replies

I'm in the middle I'd say. If I really had to choose one though I would say extrovert.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
Nice one! Thanks! :h:
Ah ok then, what are some traits for that one?

INFJ's are empathetic, sensitive and warm. They're also perfectionists, insightful, and hard-workers. They are often intelligent but unfortunately I'm not :frown:
saying I'm an introvert would be the biggest lie I've ever told xD
Introspectively introverted, although I will come out of my shell on rare occasions. (Thank goodness) :smile:
Introverted is another word for "рussy".

Just learn how to interact with people. Everyone is both introverted and extroverted, those psychological tests are scams. Your answers to them are just based off your behaviour which is dictated by how confident you are with others.
Original post by LibertyMan
Introverted is another word for "рussy".

Just learn how to interact with people. Everyone is both introverted and extroverted, those psychological tests are scams. Your answers to them are just based off your behaviour which is dictated by how confident you are with others.

Please look up the definition for 'introvert'.

Shyness, inability to be social etc are not introversion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Please look up the definition for 'introvert'.

Shyness, inability to be social etc are not introversion.

As I said, every person ever displays both introverted and extroverted characteristics. It is not a mutually exclusive pair of personalities. Just like you can read any horoscope ever without knowing what sign it is for and feeling like it applies to you, because horoscopes are written so that all of them apply to everyone, you can relate with both introversion and extroversion. What marks the difference is just habits, and I'll bet you gold that introverted results from personality tests are generated by shy people, extroverted by the confident, when you can swap the results for either and they will still relate to them.

Human minds are malleable like that. And it annoys me when people act up as an introvert because it is their "style" because an online clickbait told them that, and don't interact.
Original post by LibertyMan
As I said, every person ever displays both introverted and extroverted characteristics. It is not a mutually exclusive pair of personalities. Just like you can read any horoscope ever without knowing what sign it is for and feeling like it applies to you, because horoscopes are written so that all of them apply to everyone, you can relate with both introversion and extroversion. What marks the difference is just habits, and I'll bet you gold that introverted results from personality tests are generated by shy people, extroverted by the confident, when you can swap the results for either and they will still relate to them.

Human minds are malleable like that. And it annoys me when people act up as an introvert because it is their "style" because an online clickbait told them that, and don't interact.

It doesn't merely boil down to 'hey, you guys need to toughen up', people are genuinely different and have biases towards extraversion or introversion. It's like saying everyone ever has had depression because they were a bit sad at one point in their lives. That obviously is not the case as depression is a mental illness with very real symptoms.

Personality is malleable, absolutely, but in no way is instinct malleable. If one's instinct after speaking to, laughing with and engaging with others for prolonged periods of time is to find some solitude that is introversion. Versus, if someone's instinct is to then find the next social thing to do rather than retire to solitude, that is extraversion. It's about how we impulsively behave after being subjected to prolonged periods of social activity - you can be the best socialite in the room with a bubbling confidence that's almost addictive, but after a while you might feel mentally and physically drained.

Humans do experience both qualities, sure, but the bias towards one end of the spectrum or the other is a very real phenomenon.
An extrovert all the way!

Gotta love the people :u:.
Original post by Princepieman
It doesn't merely boil down to 'hey, you guys need to toughen up', people are genuinely different and have biases towards extraversion or introversion. It's like saying everyone ever has had depression because they were a bit sad at one point in their lives. That obviously is not the case as depression is a mental illness with very real symptoms.

Personality is malleable, absolutely, but in no way is instinct malleable. If one's instinct after speaking to, laughing with and engaging with others for prolonged periods of time is to find some solitude that is introversion. Versus, if someone's instinct is to then find the next social thing to do rather than retire to solitude, that is extraversion. It's about how we impulsively behave after being subjected to prolonged periods of social activity - you can be the best socialite in the room with a bubbling confidence that's almost addictive, but after a while you might feel mentally and physically drained.

Humans do experience both qualities, sure, but the bias towards one end of the spectrum or the other is a very real phenomenon.

Instincts can change with learning and habit. They are by no means absolute. And I wouldn't compare personality tests to depression, which has far more medical backing. Anyway, I'm bored of this now, so I'll leave. Have a good day.
Original post by Matrix123
Yup, and a lot less intimidating :tongue: haha yeah, it really is :biggrin:
You're welcome:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it is! :tongue: Everyones just so friendly!!
Haha im glad i joined here tbh, and i guess you are too! :biggrin:
:h:
Indeed it is! :tongue: Everyones just so friendly!!
Haha im glad i joined here tbh, and i guess you are too! :biggrin:
:h:

Yes, very true! :u: Hahaha correct, I am as well :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, very true! :u: Hahaha correct, I am as well :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed!
Hahah! :biggrin:
I had a feeling you were :tongue:
Indeed!
Hahah! :biggrin:
I had a feeling you were :tongue:

Good, good! :biggrin:
I have a feeling this whole conversation has basically just been us agreeing with each other :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubblewrap167
INFJ's are empathetic, sensitive and warm. They're also perfectionists, insightful, and hard-workers. They are often intelligent but unfortunately I'm not :frown:

Ah ok then. Sounds like youre a really interesting person!!
Aw im sure youre really intelligent!!! :biggrin:
Good, good! :biggrin:
I have a feeling this whole conversation has basically just been us agreeing with each other :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True (agreeing again haha)
Tbh i just wanted to chat with you. You posted on my thread so i responded to you!
You seem incredibly interesting! :biggrin:
True (agreeing again haha)
Tbh i just wanted to chat with you. You posted on my thread so i responded to you!
You seem incredibly interesting! :biggrin:

Hahaha yup :tongue:

I wasn't saying it wad bad or anything, just saying. I like chatting with you:yep: how are you? (Normally the first question in a conversation and we missed that completely :rofl:)

Hehe thanks :colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha yup :tongue:

I wasn't saying it wad bad or anything, just saying. I like chatting with you:yep: how are you? (Normally the first question in a conversation and we missed that completely :rofl:)

Hehe thanks :colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:

Ah phew haha! Thanks!
Im good thanks, yourself? (Yeah, shows my amazing convo skills haha. Its not my strong point)

No worries :biggrin:
:tongue:

Ah phew haha! Thanks!
Im good thanks, yourself? (Yeah, shows my amazing convo skills haha. Its not my strong point)

No worries :biggrin:

Hahaha you're welcome :smile:
That's great to hear, I'm well too, thanks :h: (Haha no worries - really not mine either :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha you're welcome :smile:
That's great to hear, I'm well too, thanks :h: (Haha no worries - really not mine either :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

Ah good! :h:
Aw no youre great!

Quick Reply

Latest