The Student Room Group

When is it too late to switch sixth forms?

Just started sixth form but not enjoying it.
I feel like a complete outsider. Everyone has a go-to friend that they hang around with.
I dread group activities where we’re told to find a partner because everyone goes with who they’re friends with and doesn’t even think of me as an after thought.
Normally I trust my gut and find I was right to do so but I’m not sure what to do here.

Would switching sixth forms make my situation worse? As in would it be likely that I’d find myself more alone?

Appreciate any responses :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by cristian_g14
I normally trust my gut and find I was right to do so but I’m not sure what to do here.

Would switching sixth forms make my situation worse? As in would it be likely that I’d find myself more alone?

Appreciate any responses :smile:

If you want to change sixth form, based on you being lonely, you will still face the same challenges of trying to make friends. Is this the only reason why you want to swap? What is your situation? At this point in the year, it is unlikely, as the classes would be full - and sixth forms may already have a waiting list
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
If you want to change sixth form, based on you being lonely, you will still face the same challenges of trying to make friends. Is this the only reason why you want to swap? What is your situation? At this point in the year, it is unlikely, as the classes would be full - and sixth forms may already have a waiting list

Thanks for your reply.
i joined internally so i know about 85% of the people in the sixth form but i feel like a complete outsider - to the point where i find myself going out for a walk just to eat my lunch.
I’m far from being an extrovert but I guess my problem is I find it hard to trust that people won’t leave me later on.

For example theres a couple people who if i talk to i can go on forever and i’d be seen as more extroverted because i know either they actually want to be around me or are engaged in what I’m saying.
Yet on the other hand, for the vast majority of people, I’m more introverted around them because i can’t trust that they’ll stay by me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending