The Student Room Group

Not used to people flirting with me

What the title says!

Basically I went out had a few drinks and got approached by a couple guys, but I'm extremely introverted and since I rarely go out I am not used to people approaching and flirting with me, so I never know how to act and nothing ever comes of it.

How can I start to actually enjoy myself and not get so shy and anxious when this happens?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What the title says!

Basically I went out had a few drinks and got approached by a couple guys, but I'm extremely introverted and since I rarely go out I am not used to people approaching and flirting with me, so I never know how to act and nothing ever comes of it.

How can I start to actually enjoy myself and not get so shy and anxious when this happens?

Just go out more, have more interactions and put yourself in positions where you feel uncomfortable (by this I mean in positions or settings where there are a lot of people). Once you’ve talked to different people and experienced more conversations you’ll naturally be less shy and anxious. Try the 100 challenge (talk to 100 people you don’t know in a month, so things like ask for the time and eventually your conversations will deepen). Lastly don’t perceive yourself as introverted and act more extroverted, this will eliminate the mental barrier and hopefully help you be less shy. I hope this helps.
It is normal to feel this way. To be honest you will probably feel this way your whole life if you are naturally introverted. If you don't really like being hit on by strangers, and a lot of people don't, I would recommend getting a boyfriend by going to societies or maybe on your course or through your friendship group and avoiding bars, where you will invariably get hit on if you are an attractive or sexy looking girl.
Reply 3
Lap it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending