The Student Room Group

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Leicester wouldn't have won the league with Cambiasso in the squad. Nothing against Cambiasso, but I feel things would have taken a different path.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Leicester wouldn't have won the league with Cambiasso in the squad. Nothing against Cambiasso, but I feel things would have taken a different path.

They wouldn't have won the league if Nigel Pearson's son hadn't racially abused a Thai prostitute, either.
Original post by Mackay
They wouldn't have won the league if Nigel Pearson's son hadn't racially abused a Thai prostitute, either.

:biggrin:

"Granddad, tell us about that amazing title winning Leicester side of 2016"

"Well son, it all started when a group of footballers racially abused some prostitutes in a group orgy..."
Original post by Wilfred Little

"Well son, it all started when a group of footballers racially abused some prostitutes in a group orgy..."

In all seriousness, this premier league season is genuinely something I can see myself telling my grandkids about.
Original post by Mackay

Imagine that, this season would never have happened if there weren't a few Leicester boys who liked someone licking their bumholes.

It's a bit like Brighton. If they get promoted, it's all because of someone pooing in Crystal Palace's dressing room.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Neverdie
Imagine that, this season would never have happened if there weren't a few Leicester boys who liked someone licking their bumholes.

It's a bit like Brighton. If they get promoted, it's all because of someone pooing in Crystal Palace's dressing room.

Original post by Wilfred Little

Hahaha.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
In all seriousness, this premier league season is genuinely something I can see myself telling my grandkids about.

Absolutely. We'll be talking about this in 25 years still, and longer.
Nobody really talks about Forest's top flight win anymore, is it because football wasn't entertainment back then? I.e. only the locals cared more and the players were paid less than the PM?
Loved this video, great comeback from the kermorgant video about five years ago.

When Man Utd were dominating, everyone else moaned about how they were ther focus of a lot of coverage.

When Liverpool nearly won the title and Moyes failed to qualify for the Champions League, I expected people to claim Insert Website/Pundit were biased toward Liverpool due to understandbly increased coverage, and that's exactly what happened.

Now Leicester have won, and already people are saying they've had too much coverage due to all the articles covering their historic mindblowing win. Do they understand what event they just lived through? What an awful, clueless generation. Or maybe that's just the stereotypical football fan.

Original post by shawn_o1
Nobody really talks about Forest's top flight win anymore, is it because football wasn't entertainment back then? I.e. only the locals cared more and the players were paid less than the PM?

It's mainly because it was 3 ****in' decades ago!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1

Or because nobody under the age of 50 will remember it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely ecstatic King scored and assisted so far, loving the forward runs from the back four.
There better be loads of "Andy King Power" or "Andy, King of England" (though he's Welsh) on tomorrow's back pages
As repeatedly sang in the pub:

We are staying up say we are staying up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
As repeatedly sang in the pub:

We are staying up say we are staying up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard 80/1 to win the Champions league next season floated around...banker.
Leicester winning the league this season is like Sunderland winning it next season. That's what we're dealing with.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Leicester winning the league this season is like Sunderland winning it next season. That's what we're dealing with.

Arsenal's turn next season!
:colone:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Arsenal's turn next season!
:colone:

Spin the joke all you want, but when your owner reportedly comes out and actually says "I'm not here to win trophies", then obviously the only way is down

Can already anticipate the return of the gold away kit. And the home kit's words and numbers printed in gold
(edited 7 years ago)
Mental. Trapped in the pub because the street party is backed up to the doorway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy it mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love it.

Quick Reply