The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammy1001
Israel is a terrorist state and has no rights to existence.

Agree..but it is there now and somehow peace is needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Israel has not recognized Palestine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because Palestine is not a state. Perhaps the other Arab states could stop their infantile attitude and recognise Israel first. How do they expect Israel to negotiate with them whilst they are still at war?

This is what Egypt did, and they recovered their territories that Israel had occupied (Sinai). Israel had also hinted many times that they would have returned Golan Heights to Syria for its recognition.
Reply 82
Israel is a terrorist state and has no rights to existence.

It was created after a UN resolution.
Original post by kaminizindagi

i love thisss
That is impossible now. My people have suffered too much and we aren't ready to accept a binational state

Then it looks like you'll be getting nothing until you're ready to be a nice boy
Original post by TelAviv
Then it looks like you'll be getting nothing until you're ready to be a nice boy

Do you really think after all the trauma, injustice, corruption and evil-doings done by the Zionists, we can be ready to unite with them?
Original post by AhmedMA99
Palestine or Israel ?

Original post by queen-bee
Palestine <3

Original post by DMcGovern

I see that so actively supported by you Palestine bill failed? Maybe in this poll you will find consolation.. :smile:
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Israel has not recognized Palestine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it hasn't. But we need to ask how best we can bring about a change in Israeli attitudes. If Israeli's fear the alternative, nothing will change. People have to work with, and not against Israel, to bring about any change. If Israeli's fear that they will suffer as a result of the creation of a Palestinian state, then they will (as they are currently doing), do all that is within their ability to uphold current state. I think neighbouring countries need to alter their policy and attitudes towards Israel first. Secondly, I think any groups supporting Palestinian self-determination need to realise that Israel is the most important factor in bringing about an independent Palestinian state. Without Israeli support, no Palestinian state will ever be created within boundaries of Israel.
I hope to be alive to witness the freedom of Palestine
Original post by Josb
It was created after a UN resolution.

And yet, if we go by current Israeli policy, UN resolutions are of no importance. :moon:

Do you really think after all the trauma, injustice, corruption and evil-doings done by the Zionists, we can be ready to unite with them?

Nobody is pretending that such a thing would be easy, but you should consider the shitty alternatives available to you before so readily rejecting a binational solution.

The two-state solution is not only effectively impossible at this point, but it would generate nothing but an Indo-Pakistan type situation. Partition along religious/tribal/sectarian lines has a long history of failure; why people think it will suddenly work now has yet to be adequately explained.
(edited 7 years ago)
I really wish people would stop treating it as a football match.
Rarely have I disliked both sides of a debate more.
Elements of both the Israeli side and the Palestinian side are do detrimental to peace.
Plenty on the Palestinaian side think Israel has no right to exist - which is ridiculous. Yet plenty on the Israeli side seem to think Israel can do no wrong - equally ridiculous.

Both sides are dicks.
Original post by Hydeman
And yet, if we go by current Israeli policy, UN resolutions are of no importance. :moon:

Nobody is pretending that such a thing would be easy, but you should consider the shitty alternatives available to you before so readily rejecting a binational solution.

The two-state solution is not only effectively impossible at this point, but it would generate nothing but an Indo-Pakistan type situation. Partition along religious/tribal/sectarian lines has a long history of failure; why people think it will suddenly work now has yet to be adequately explained.

Hypothetically, it all sounds like the best thing to do. In reality, no Palestinian citizen is ready forgive and forget so easily.

I'm Palestinian myself and I can promise you that there is never a day where my family don't curse their "bad fate" and Israel, and uniting with Israel is not an option.

The only logical and effective solution is the two-state solution.
Reply 93
Original post by Hydeman

Why should they, when the first UN resolution was disregarded by Arabs?
Hypothetically, it all sounds like the best thing to do. In reality, no Palestinian citizen is ready forgive and forget so easily.

Alright. In that case, are you ready to live out the rest of your live in the present state of affairs? One has to consider what can be achieved, not just what is desirable.

Edit: I've already conceded that it's not easy. How would you feel if some form of reparations were offered? :holmes:

And it's impossible. What do you propose should be done, with that in mind?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Why should they, when the first UN resolution was disregarded by Arabs?

Leaving aside the transgressions of the neighbouring Arab countries, it's not feasible to claim your state's right to exist on the authority of the UN, and to then proceed to ignore further resolutions by the same body. You either believe that UN resolutions are authoritative enough to allow people to claim land that already has other people on it, or you don't. What the Arabs have done is a separate matter altogether.
Reply 96

I'm Palestinian myself and I can promise you that there is never a day where my family don't curse their "bad fate" and Israel, and uniting with Israel is not an option.

Don't complain that you don't have a state then, because the hypothetical Palestinian state can only be created by Israel -- the other Arab states don't care much about Palestinians.
Original post by unprinted
In what context?

Football match
I just wanted to check - Is this where one of the most complex conflicts in world history is reduced to a three option poll where one of the options is 'don't know'

Get a grip TSR.
Original post by Josb
Don't complain that you don't have a state then, because the hypothetical Palestinian state can only be created by Israel -- the other Arab states don't care much about Palestinians.

Created by Israel? The land belongs to Palestine and only Palestine. OUR land has been stolen from us and my Palestinian people are being crucified.

Latest

Trending

Trending