The Student Room Group

Needs Assessment for DSA

Dear All,
I was on the forums and seen that there are DSA assessors out there and if you could help me.

I am on the Autistic Spectrum and therefor find education hard and I am going to the Academy of Contemporary Music this year and have signed up for DSA.

Within education, I find not being able to do work in my own home and outside uni hours very stressful and when I get behind it can be incredibly hard for me and in a sense my Autism kind of kicks off and I can have panic attacks etc.

I am doing a Music Production course which is predominantly done by the use of Macbooks. If you are aware of the music industry, then every room has mac suits and every student uses a macbook for their coursework etc.

What do you think my chances of getting a macbook is? And if I do, how does it all work with payment and what gets paid for me etc?

Thanks,
Bansuri
Original post by bansuri
Dear All,
I was on the forums and seen that there are DSA assessors out there and if you could help me.

I am on the Autistic Spectrum and therefor find education hard and I am going to the Academy of Contemporary Music this year and have signed up for DSA.

Within education, I find not being able to do work in my own home and outside uni hours very stressful and when I get behind it can be incredibly hard for me and in a sense my Autism kind of kicks off and I can have panic attacks etc.

I am doing a Music Production course which is predominantly done by the use of Macbooks. If you are aware of the music industry, then every room has mac suits and every student uses a macbook for their coursework etc.

What do you think my chances of getting a macbook is? And if I do, how does it all work with payment and what gets paid for me etc?

Thanks,
Bansuri

are you an english student? If so you have to pay the 1st £200 of the cost of a laptop and its unlikely they will agree to a macbook unless its compulsory for the course and you are unable to use the facillities with them on campus at all. DSA is a grant for equipment and 1:1 support so you dont see any of the cash yourself if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending