The Student Room Group

CCEA English Lit A2 16th and 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by caitlinthefab
I'm focusing more on religion because there are less poems to look at, you?

I decided to do love because I feel like there is a lot more to say! Although I do wish i had went for religion :tongue: For religion batter my heart hasn't been asked since June 2012 so its a possibility
Reply 21
Original post by Mollyql_27
Are you doing Lear/Thebes and The Pardoner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lear/thebes and r*pe of the lock! Any predictions for lear/thebes?
Original post by th_lauren
Lear/thebes and r*pe of the lock! Any predictions for lear/thebes?

Well my teacher thinks that something to do with the cruelty of the gods or justice will come up? Tragic Hero between Lear and Creon would be a nice question and it's never explicitly came up as an essay before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Well my teacher thinks that something to do with the cruelty of the gods or justice will come up? Tragic Hero between Lear and Creon would be a nice question and it's never explicitly came up as an essay before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to be a pain but what could you write for both of those?
Reply 24
Wasn't there a gods question in 2014? Surely, it is too soon for it to come up again this year?
Original post by th_lauren
Wasn't there a gods question in 2014? Surely, it is too soon for it to come up again this year?

Very probably. I doubt that an essay on that would come up again so soon but you never can be to sure
Good LucK
Reply 26
I am so screwed for this exam :frown: doing Lear/Thebes and Donne
Reply 27
I am petrified for Lear/Thebes, have you got any predictions?
Reply 28
No :frown: have you? I have a feeling that tragic hero/downfall might come up but idk
Reply 29
What did everyone think??? i thought the rape of the lock question was really bad and school for scandal/volpone was even worse!!
Original post by CERC
What did everyone think??? i thought the rape of the lock question was really bad and school for scandal/volpone was even worse!!

Yeah the rape of the lock extracts were awful, I did the one on the view of women though. Just brought in a lot outside of the extract!! Probably ignored the extract too much - and I did the tragedy q and found it terrible :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by fashiongurl
Yeah the rape of the lock extracts were awful, I did the one on the view of women though. Just brought in a lot outside of the extract!! Probably ignored the extract too much - and I did the tragedy q and found it terrible :frown:

OMG! I did the other rape question, the mock- heroic one, it was so hard! I extract was terrible, i think i may have taken about three examples from the extract!

What grade do you think you got? I might have scraped a C hopefully :frown:
Original post by CERC
OMG! I did the other rape question, the mock- heroic one, it was so hard! I extract was terrible, i think i may have taken about three examples from the extract!

What grade do you think you got? I might have scraped a C hopefully :frown:

Yeah I always only take 3 examples from the extract but normally I analysis them in loads of detail... But I literally didn't have enough to say about them! And I need to keep my A for uni so praying for a nice examiner and that the exam on Friday goes well (which I haven't started studying for yet😭)
Reply 33
Original post by fashiongurl
Yeah I always only take 3 examples from the extract but normally I analysis them in loads of detail... But I literally didn't have enough to say about them! And I need to keep my A for uni so praying for a nice examiner and that the exam on Friday goes well (which I haven't started studying for yet😭)

I know, i havent started revising either, im doing Jane Eyre and The Color Purple, what books do you study?
How did people find lear/thebes and chaucer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did people find lear/thebes and chaucer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lear was wan awful question I found the poetry question reasonable
Reply 36
Didn't find the test too bad! Thought death was definitely coming up this year so focused on it when I wa revising. I quite liked the tragedy question. It's been handier than most of the ones previously asked
Reply 37
Any predictions for Friday---Catcher in the Rye and The Outsider???
Original post by eliv1998
Didn't find the test too bad! Thought death was definitely coming up this year so focused on it when I wa revising. I quite liked the tragedy question. It's been handier than most of the ones previously asked

Yeah i thought those questions were going to come up... a really similar death q came up a few years ago so glad i looked over it! Lear/Thebes was good, KTs a bit tricky but generally it was okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliv1998
Any predictions for Friday---Catcher in the Rye and The Outsider???

I'm hoping anti-hero comes up, but i'm honestly not too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending