The Student Room Group

A level english literature

What are the pros and cons of A-level english lit?
Pros the texts u study can be quite enjoyable plus u learn some great analysis skills that can be helpful for university and your other subjects, cons a lot of essays which might cause blisters lol
Do you have any questions?
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
Pros the texts u study can be quite enjoyable plus u learn some great analysis skills that can be helpful for university and your other subjects, cons a lot of essays which might cause blisters lol
Do you have any questions?

Yes which exam board did you do/ are doing. My school is ocr. And do you have to learn a lot of plays/poems ? What are the big differences between a level and gcse?
I did ccea and their was a lot of poems to learn over the 2 years.We did 1 play and 1 novel per year as well.For me the essay structure/what the examiners looked for changed quite a lot from gcse to a level. A level u have to be a bit more independent and analyse the bookurself more which is prep for uni i suppose.hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
I did ccea and their was a lot of poems to learn over the 2 years.We did 1 play and 1 novel per year as well.For me the essay structure/what the examiners looked for changed quite a lot from gcse to a level. A level u have to be a bit more independent and analyse the bookurself more which is prep for uni i suppose.hope this helps

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest