The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 1 (IAL): Physics on the Go, WPH01 (24th May 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by djmans
unit 3 forum was way more active

Can you send me a link to the unit 3 forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by khassan
Can you send me a link to the unit 3 forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

its already over
So i saw a question in qp asking to find the horizontal distance travelled by a projectile at an angle. I used the range equation but the mark scheme used another format. Like v=s/t and finding t from vertical speed.

But using the range formula, will i get full mark? Answer did match.
Reply 23
Need help for question no a(ii) thanx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by djmans
its already over

Yea, I did that paper..wanted to check my answers
Reply 25
Original post by Saad69
How to calculate part ii?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just saw the thread i think u have to use 1/2fx or Kx^2(K x squared) they are both supposed to give the same answer...it gives the energy stored in the spring
Reply 26
Original post by Komol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Photo on 23-05-2016 at 21.30.jpg I'm sorry the picture is inverted but what my teacher said is that the
maximum force the truck will have is 576N which is lower than the friction therefore the lorries acceleration is limited
Reply 27
Original post by Sulzaae
Photo on 23-05-2016 at 21.30.jpg I'm sorry the picture is inverted but what my teacher said is that the
maximum force the truck will have is 576N which is lower than the friction therefore the lorries acceleration is limited

Thanx.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Jan 2014 IAL question 17 whole question help
@EUSHA @Sulzaae @djmans
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Komol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Simply when the truck accelerates, the box to stay on it must accelerate at the same rate. In order to do so there must be a force accelerating the box at the same rate as the truck. This the friction. The friction is 630N max.So the max acceleration of the box must be 630 dividied by 200kg the mass of the box. Which is therefore the max acceleration of the trucck
Reply 30
Original post by Dr.strange12
Simply when the truck accelerates, the box to stay on it must accelerate at the same rate. In order to do so there must be a force accelerating the box at the same rate as the truck. This the friction. The friction is 630N max.So the max acceleration of the box must be 630 dividied by 200kg the mass of the box. Which is therefore the max acceleration of the trucck

Thanks.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Saad69
Jan 2014 IAL question 17 whole question help
@EUSHA @Sulzaae @djmans
Posted from TSR Mobile

the graph is correct, in the calculation you must find the gradient of the 2nd graph use the middle part to find the gradient
Reply 32
Original post by Saad69
How to calculate part ii?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In case anyone wondering this is how to solve it it was only extended to 3.4 cm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just my school where physics is just a train wreck compared to all the other subjects?
Reply 34
The paper was tough
Hoping for low boundaries
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Saad69
The paper was tough
Hoping for low boundaries
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it was i didnt ans all of them for the time limit damn....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought so too. Stuggled with the Stoke's law question where you find the radius of the raindrop at terminal velocity, and the Vector Diagram question

Original post by Komol
Yea it was i didnt ans all of them for the time limit damn....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by its_samuel
I thought so too. Stuggled with the Stoke's law question where you find the radius of the raindrop at terminal velocity, and the Vector Diagram question

radius of the raindrop at terminal velocity?which one was that?
Reply 38
no unofficial mark scheme?
Did any1 else get 7.9x10^-14 ohm metres for the resistivity on the last q?

And did any1 get 0.77 for the efficiency of the electric motor q? The current and voltage were given along with the mass and height the weight was lifted by...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending