The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nikhilm
Normally it's 3 or even 2 marks ... one of the marks must be for putting the %

for some willy old specs they give 5 marks for confidence interval so i'm not really concern about that. on the other hand 4 marks for the new variance question seems odd to me.
does anyone reckon they wouldnt accept converting % to decimals from the start and doing that for the final answer i.e 0.195 instead of 19.5%?
Original post by lai812matthew
for some willy old specs they give 5 marks for confidence interval so i'm not really concern about that. on the other hand 4 marks for the new variance question seems odd to me.

I feel u bro I spent like 8 mins on that question and 1 min on the interval q. But normally ci q's are like 4/5 marker
Anyone get 33.87 for Question 8 ??
Original post by Nikhilm
Normally it's 3 or even 2 marks ... one of the marks must be for putting the %

Aha are you trying to reignite this % mystery?
It said mu% in the q so it normally gives you leeway on the answer because it would be like writing 19.8%% iygm
Original post by Armpits

Wrong thread dude only 7 qs
Original post by Rkai01
Wrong thread dude only 7 qs

S3 IAL had 8 questions.
Original post by cjlh
I'm glad someone else was left thinking that, I thought I'd gotten something wrong

Nah, happens all the time in S3. You get answers that are 1 line for 8 marks.
Original post by Rkai01
I feel u bro I spent like 8 mins on that question and 1 min on the interval q. But normally ci q's are like 4/5 marker

Definitely haha, the mark distribution is pretty weird.
Original post by Zacken
Nah, happens all the time in S3. You get answers that are 1 line for 8 marks.

Thinking back on past papers that's very true. Everything just intensifies in the exam lol
Can someone else also confirm how many marks Q4 part (a) was?
I heard few different answers (about the amount of marks for this question) so I dont know which one it is.

Part (a) was about difference in E being greater than 2.
P(I e1-e2 I > 2)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rkai01
Aha are you trying to reignite this % mystery?
It said mu% in the q so it normally gives you leeway on the answer because it would be like writing 19.8%% iygm

No it wouldn't...the numbers you write are the limits of the confidence interval. They don't have a % already attached on them

EDIT: oh I see what you mean...yeah maybe but they could be dickheads about it
Original post by lai812matthew

Damn seems like everything in s3 has needlessly high marks
Original post by Fbiemad
Can someone else also confirm how many marks Q4 part (a) was?
I heard few different answers (about the amount of marks for this question) so I dont know which one it is.

Part (a) was about difference in E being greater than 2.
P(I e1-e2 I > 2)

5 marks I 'think'

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Binomial (8 marks) and Poisson (6 marks) tests when working out degrees of freedom I forgot to subtract the initial restriction (v-1 - further restrictions) on both, how many marks do you think that will have lost me? :/
Original post by Zacken
S3 IAL had 8 questions.

Hey, you doing an unofficial ms?
Original post by Nikhilm
Hey, you doing an unofficial ms?

I don't mind doing one, I'll see if nobody else has done one and if so, then I'll pitch in. I think someone else might be doing one, though.
Original post by Zacken
I don't mind doing one, I'll see if nobody else has done one and if so, then I'll pitch in. I think someone else might be doing one, though.

Sweet
Original post by Zacken

Yeh watch out, mandem will **** u up blud. Do it from an anonymous account in Chat section 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Armpits

33.87 as in for the upper value of the critical region? i didnt get that damn but for some reason that answer sounds better than mine :-p
For the binomial question, did anybody else round 0.405 to 0.40 rather than 0.41? Because 0.41 would have made the total expected frequency 50.01 rather than 50?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending