The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naomi265
I'm doing an unofficial markscheme will link when done:smile:

Thank you:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else really mess up on the timings? I ended up having to answer the last 2 sides in the last minute! I got A* in the last mock, but I hate how just depending on what the topics are, your entire biology grade could change by a lot ):
Reply 162
Original post by Thunder_Girl
I got 50% for the first one, 0% for the second :s

I also got 5%

I got 50% for both
I did it today and it was fine. I hope you guys all found it okay too. It did seem really quite easy.
Original post by Naomi265
I'm doing an unofficial markscheme will link when done:smile:

Woop! Thanks
PLACEBO SIX MARK

-blind trial
-placebo inactive pill(extra info)
-keep it Fair test/ experiment
-eliminates pscycological factors
-make sure drugs work and how it will affect humans
-given nicotine low mean reaction time on graph so quicker response by body against disease?
-given nicotine and told placebo bigger reaction time longer response to recover?
(edited 7 years ago)
What did everyone got for that extra procedure question and the exponential growth?
I don't know my left from my right so that heart question sucked!
Reply 168
Original post by notarealname2000
What did everyone got for that extra procedure question and the exponential growth?

I got 2000-2004 but I don't think that I got it right
What points did people make about the aspen trees? Advantages and disadvantages?? Could only think of disease would kill them all and change in environment may kill them all?
Original post by JoeR12345
What points did people make about the aspen trees? Advantages and disadvantages?? Could only think of disease would kill them all and change in environment may kill them all?

I couldn't think of advantages either, but I put those disadvantages. I think i said some crap like they can support each other in structure or something.
Original post by JoeR12345

ahhh that's what i put aswell! :smile:
Original post by Zoroarrkk
I couldn't think of advantages either, but I put those disadvantages. I think i said some crap like they can support each other in structure or something.

I made some stupid thing up about they could easily replace the trees if we were use them to extract materials?

I circled the second option i believe. I think it was 1940-1980 or something similar. I hated that quite a bit of that paper was maths-based. Seemed a bit unfair.
(edited 7 years ago)

1940-1980
How did you work out the gradient? I tried to do pythagoras..
ASPEN TREES SIX MARK

ADVANTAGES:

supported structure
One water source?
Offspring share same genetic info as parent tree
Loads of trees which may have been hard to grow by seeds

DISADVANTAGES

sickness
Reduction of genetic variation (I said gene pool?)
Can be destroyed at roots so all die?
Nutrients from water reduces as it goes along cause shared root system?
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by livsney

You had to do the increase in y over the increase is x
Original post by livsney

I did change in y / change in x and got 0.01. Anyone get anything similar or different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending