The Student Room Group

Anyone have any thoughts on the Edexcel Applied ICT 'Last Minute Laura' Pre release?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
There is always one goody two shoes, who has now ruined it for everyone by scaring someone into taking down a helpful comment.
Reply 61
Original post by 6969
There is always one goody two shoes, who has now ruined it for everyone by scaring someone into taking down a helpful comment.

I feel like ripping their head off.
Can some one that's nice who has done the exam add me on snapchat its : julianavellano

it will be most appreciated
Reply 62
If you have done the exam add me on snapchat please : julianavellano
Ict helps original comment that wad removed "I had to show attractions and tide requirements in a table,
list key points,
list data sources and what data they provide,
fill in the selection area of the spreadsheet,
fill in data on a new August tides sheet (which is really difficult because you need to use pi and COS and SINE)
and finally create a handover document which is basically just a report where you outline instructions on how to use the spreadsheet with screenshots, tips for using it and evaluate it at the end with concluding suggestions."
This is the easiest AS ICT exam I have ever done. Defiantly easier than last years one (I'm retaking). Make sure you look at the hidden sheet in the practice file and get familiar with the Pi and cos formula structures and read the questions well. You will be told what to do in the exam so don't worry too much. Just ensure that you know how to use countifs, If statements ETC.

Also get familiar with the selection page and the formulas in I-O, 13-19.I attached the practice file given to us with the front page done (someone posted it here before but not sure where)
(edited 7 years ago)
In the data in the Spreadsheet there is a hidden page called 'October Tides' they have hidden cells from '17 to 26'. Lots more information
Original post by EmperorTrax
This is the easiest AS ICT exam I have ever done. Defiantly easier than last years one (I'm retaking). Make sure you look at the hidden sheet in the practice file and get familiar with the Pi and cos formula structures and read the questions well. You will be told what to do in the exam so don't worry too much. Just ensure that you know how to use countifs, If statements ETC.

Also get familiar with the selection page and the formulas in I-O, 13-19.I attached the practice file given to us with the front page done (someone posted it here before but not sure where)

I am retaking as well! Exam is tomorrow and kinda nervous because I need a good grade and dont want to forget the main formula and crumble under the pressure, but thus year doesn't seem like theres one formula which is the be all and end all :smile: And my pre release actually works, but go no idea about this sine thing and I do a level maths? Any help would be greatly appreciated as kinda desperate ngl haha
Original post by seemamohammed
Anyone find flaws in the models?
For activity 4 to evaluate the model we are often asked to suggest improvements for the model in the report..
Also for Tide in and tide out, why cant we just use a vlook up instead of an INDEX MATCH

What improvements would you suggest?
Original post by Hannahhayati
What improvements would you suggest?

macros to make it easier to navigate the homepage. a front page with links to all the pages. validation
Original post by Angry_dragon
macros to make it easier to navigate the homepage. a front page with links to all the pages. validation

thank you! whats macros?
thank you! whats macros?

basically hyperlinks for the spreadsheets
basically hyperlinks for the spreadsheets

Angry Dragon have you done the exam? if so, how was it? Did Index match come up, anything very hard?
Original post by TruckleHunter123
Angry Dragon have you done the exam? if so, how was it? Did Index match come up, anything very hard?

activity one was list 7 points i think and put in restrictions or something. two was selection sheet. 3 was august tides. four was how to improve spreadsheet
use vlookup instead of index match IF youre more comfortable with vlookup
Every time somebody posted their version of the pre-release on here, they used I different clearance formula to the one I got taught in class.
In class, we used a nested if formula instead of the regular if formulas I've seen on here, which is correct?

Have the exam tomorrow so any advice would be useful :smile:

Edit: Clearance formula example -
=IF(J14>Sights!D12,IF(Selection!K14<Sights!E12,"Y","N"),"N")
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FilipeLuis
Every time somebody posted their version of the pre-release on here, they used I different clearance formula to the one I got taught in class.
In class, we used a nested if formula instead of the regular if formulas I've seen on here, which is correct?

Have the exam tomorrow so any advice would be useful :smile:

Edit: Clearance formula example -
=IF(J14>Sights!D12,IF(Selection!K14<Sights!E12,"Y","N":wink:,"N":wink:

This is what we use for clearance formula. if yours gives you all "Y" with the right pattern then use it
=IF(J14<=VLOOKUP(H14,Sights!$A$12: $E$17,5,FALSE),"Y","N") edit no space between the : and $E$17, just there to stop it making an emotion
(edited 7 years ago)
activity one was list 7 points i think and put in restrictions or something. two was selection sheet. 3 was august tides. four was how to improve spreadsheet

What about august tides? and was four a report or just how to do improve the spreadsheet? thank you!
What about august tides? and was four a report of just how to do improve the spreadsheet? thank you!

You have to write a typical report on how to make the spreadsheet easier to use and fill out

Wow thanks so muxh man thats so helpful! Really need to do well this year in this exam cus other exam and coursework modules went well :biggrin: . Good because I am fine wlith VLookup but not index! What do you mean August Tides? Do you have formulate the tides for August, or do they give you the August tides and you have to make the selection worksheet reflect August instead of July? How? thanks so much man so helpful really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by TruckleHunter123
Wow thanks so muxh man thats so helpful! Really need to do well this year in this exam cus other exam and coursework modules went well :biggrin: . Good because I am fine wlith VLookup but not index! What do you mean August Tides? Do you have formulate the tides for August, or do they give you the August tides and you have to make the selection worksheet reflect August instead of July? How? thanks so much man so helpful really appreciate it :smile:

first question 7 things relevant to model
asked about the different data sources
make a table including attractions and the tidal requirements
second question get selection sheet working pretty much
third question use a formula they give you to work out a route for a month in august
fourth question make a handover on how to use the spreadsheet include scrnshots
Original post by banter1234
Hi, been following this incredibly helpful discussion for a while now. Just want to say thanks for the information. Is it true you have to calculate the phase angles for the moon on a different sheet- someone leaked another sheet a while back that has pink boxes to enter information in, regarding phase angles. any information regarding this would be very helpful.

thats imported data if youve not done that in the pre release then i have some bad news for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending