The Student Room Group

EPQ AQA Grade Boundaries 2023

Hi TSR,

I have recently appealed my EPQ grade (internally moderated) and ended up at 39/50. I know that for 2020--2022, the AQA EPQ grade boundaries have been 39/50 for an A, however in 2019 and prior years it has been 40.

Clearly this was due to COVID issues, so my question is whether you guys think the AQA EPQ boundaries will go back to 40/50 for an A or remain at 39? Any thoughts are appreciated, ty!

P.S: My EPQ score could still change based on external moderation from the AQA exam board, but i'll only know about that on results day in August, and it's quite rare my school has its marks changed.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I have the same problem but I got 38/54 for Edexcel which would be a B in the past two years but one off with the pre-covid grades. They have said the boundaries will mostly be between 2019 and 2022 so its pretty much impossible to know. I'm hoping they are the same as last year though hahah.
Reply 2
Does anyone have any guesses for this year's A* I've gotten 49/54 for edexcel and that's an A* last year and the year before but jan it's an A
Reply 3
In all honesty, I doubt it since our EPQs have been unaffected by covid- however they aren’t set in stone, 40/50 is just a common boundary for a set percentage of people to get an A- if a lot of people do worse this year then it will go down!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending