The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by jamiecalver
I think I got around 43 looking at that uo mark scheme... Anyone got any ideas on the predicted boundaries? I saw 55 for an A* up there!

43 will most definitely be in the A
Original post by ad4m
43 will most definitely be in the A

Really? I think it'd be 44/45.
I don't even know, hope I scrape an A literally walked into the test without revision.
Going to do so much revision for the next one - hoping for full UMS lol.
Original post by Chittesh14
Really? I think it'd be 44/45.
I don't even know, hope I scrape an A literally walked into the test without revision.
Going to do so much revision for the next one - hoping for full UMS lol.

don't shatter my hopes by saying I was one off the boundary :')
don't shatter my hopes by saying I was one off the boundary :':wink:

Sorry bro :biggrin:, but no one knows tbh how much they got. It all depends on the examiner, I misread like 5 questions so I am screwed. But, I know for a fact - if A* gets 55, A will be 46+. But, I'm sure A* won't be 55 tbh lol
Sorry bro :biggrin:, but no one knows tbh how much they got. It all depends on the examiner, I misread like 5 questions so I am screwed. But, I know for a fact - if A* gets 55, A will be 46+. But, I'm sure A* won't be 55 tbh lol

It's cool dude... I went into that exam with little revision and quite stoked to get over half the marks really... I got really ill during the coursework so thats at an E so I really need to ace these exams to get that B that'll get me into the sixth I want to go into!
It's cool dude... I went into that exam with little revision and quite stoked to get over half the marks really... I got really ill during the coursework so thats at an E so I really need to ace these exams to get that B that'll get me into the sixth I want to go into!

Good luck man, you'll need like 2 As or A*s, if you need any help - just ask me. I'm going to be banging out after Monday lol.
Good luck man, you'll need like 2 As or A*s, if you need any help - just ask me. I'm going to be banging out after Monday lol.

I'm taking a break from revising tomorrow but boy this week is going to be crammed. I estimated 68 marks on the maths paper and I've been a straight C grade student before I got a tutor so if I can get similar marks in the calculator I am going to be so happy! Biology is what I want to do alongside computer science, health and social as well as Law in sixth form so I need to get these Bs! I want to become a paramedic firefighter so I'm gonna need all the grades I can get! Thanks for the offer and I think I might take it up because our teacher taught us some really weird stuff for B4-B6... :/
I'm taking a break from revising tomorrow but boy this week is going to be crammed. I estimated 68 marks on the maths paper and I've been a straight C grade student before I got a tutor so if I can get similar marks in the calculator I am going to be so happy! Biology is what I want to do alongside computer science, health and social as well as Law in sixth form so I need to get these Bs! I want to become a paramedic firefighter so I'm gonna need all the grades I can get! Thanks for the offer and I think I might take it up because our teacher taught us some really weird stuff for B4-B6... :/

Don't worry, and I've got my A* in maths so i can definitely help you.
Might not be able to get 100% in a paper lol, forgotten some stuff - rarely anything, but can still help with anything lol. I know that doesn't make sense but i'm sure u get the point :biggrin:
Original post by NoodleGCSEFOOD
Thanks mate, I hope everyone does well too... Got any predictions in your mind?

How was the exam?
Reply 309
Remember that it doesn't really matter if you were 1 mark off a grade on a paper. It all depends on your overall mark not your marks for each paper. I did biology last year and got a B on paper 1, 1 mark off an A but got an A overall because my coursework was on A and paper 2 was A*/A (I can't remember).
Reply 310
What came up in this test becaus i think our mocks is going to be this test
Reply 311
What was the answer to the question about disadvantages of sustainability?And about the conclusions of the predator prey graph?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having completed the first paper on B1, B2, B3, does anyone have any thoughts with regard to Paper 2 on 17th June?
Any predictions for Paper 2 Biology coming up on 17th June, OCR?
Original post by debharper
Any predictions for Paper 2 Biology coming up on 17th June, OCR?

Transpiration/ guard cells 6mark
SO much to cover in Biology and Physics - there is hardly any time between Paper 1 of Physics and Paper 2 of Biology! The 6 mark questions are quite taxing, really testing knowledge.
10. a) D because it has a thicker wall to allow for higher pressure blood to travel to the body and is the mirror image of a normal heart [2]

b) I'm not sure [how is the transplant surgery different]- I put the vessels eg. vena cava would be on the opposite side to normal [2]

c) 6300 [1]

d) ad: the doctors need to know if someone has it to carry out treatments, quite a few people are affected by it,

dis: not that many people are affected by it, could be expensive, could cause harm to the foetus, parents may disagree [2]

Please comment if you know what the question 10 (c) is... I'm still baffled.
Reply 317
there are 63 million people. Every 1 in ten thousand people have the disease. How many people have the disease?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 318
I think I got around 43 looking at that uo mark scheme... Anyone got any ideas on the predicted boundaries? I saw 55 for an A* up there!

Could you link the uo mark scheme pls?
Original post by PCB
there are 63 million people. Every 1 in ten thousand people have the disease. How many people have the disease?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending