The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nataliewylie
Hi guys, here is a link to my psychology notes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tsj5hz8t9doftu8/AACJErpKx0dn9HppvY5P0uARa?dl=0

Currently there is ALL of PSYA3 (Sleep, Aggression, Eating Behaviour) and Phobias

Working on Media Psychology atm

P.S. I did Anorexia for the eating disorder.

GOOD LUCK GUYS x

this got a little lost so here we go
Original post by Danny786
For PSYA4, Do you need IDA points, would IDA get you marks?

yes IDAs are like A03 and examiners bloody love them
Original post by Elle_w
Gender dysphoria hasn't come up on its own as it's normally part of the biosocial approach so the question would say discuss the biosocial approach including or with reference to gender dysphoria. That's why it looks as if it's never come up. I don't know why the others have never been asked but I'm hoping for evolutionary 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want evolutionary to come up too but I also wanted gender dysphoria to come up as well, it's so annoying because they shouldn't put these things on the spec if they're not going to ever test it AND it's the one thing I'm proper confident in

How would you integrate gender dysphoria in a biosocial essay?
Reply 1443
Original post by Danny786
For PSYA4, Do you need IDA points, would IDA get you marks?

I did depression and used it and my teachers said it was good. For one of the topics in PSYA4, you may be given a 24 mark question, which you more or less approach like a PSYA3 question.

Thinking back to it, depression pretty much felt like another PSYA3 topic--i'm guessing schizophrenia does too
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi i really appreciate the feedback thanks so much! Just a few questions would you not say ive linked paraghraps with connectives to open. Since you suggested to open with this supports or this refutes. And i think i did? As for most i said furthermore *name of researcher found supporting evidence for the model or refuting. So wouldnt that count?
Finally on the notes you made you said to contextualise IDA and i think i did? E.g prac applications for counselling help solve rrlationships but doesnt explain those women in abusive relationships. I did it for culture such as arrange marriages being more prominent they have familes involved in crisis which theory doesnt consider.

Thanks for the hell just wanted to ask a few qs so i can improve.

Heya.

I'd say you have definitely used connectives to start your sentences like this supports and this contradicts/refutes. I was just trying to push it up into the top bands, because although you have used these connectives to link one paragraph to the next, it's too basic to say this suggests/refutes throughout your entire essay. You want to try to effectively link...not sure if this is making sense.
But for example in my neural mechanisms essay, I've structured it sorta like:

1. A01 for DCT.
2. Supportive findings come from..
3. It's hard to ignore the use of animal studies in Hetherington and Ranson's study...
4. Also casting doubt on the validity of the DCT is further research from Anand and Brobeck...
5. The PVN may play a greater role in the controlling of our eating behaviours...

It just needs to flow..kinda like a story really. As opposed to each paragraph stating with this supports and further supports. These becomes your line of argument and will help you get into the top bands!

And with the IDA i take that back lool. I think i had a little trouble reading the IDA and it was late so I kinda gave up, i apologize! It does appear to be contextualised, so there's no issue there.
Does anyone have a good (6-8 mark) AO1 for circadian rhythms I can look at please? im a bit confused lol
Reply 1446
Does anyone know if cultural influences of gender can come up as a 24 marker?
Original post by toetothunder
Does anyone have a good (6-8 mark) AO1 for circadian rhythms I can look at please? im a bit confused lol

When would 6+8 ever come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone confirm whether you can use the same IDA twice. As in for a 24 marker asking for one or more theories, you use the same IDA ie narrow viewed/reductionist for theory one and theory two? An example would be that The Reward Need Satisfaction Model is reductionist/narrow viewed due to simplifying complex human behaviour down to mere stimulus and response, ignoring the role of other factors as a result such as that of the third party who can also influence in our choice to form a relationship. This would be a very different IDA using narrow viewed/reductionist if I wrote about the Matching Hypothesis obviously. Would I not receive a mark for the second use of this IDA for the next theory even if it is well elaborated and linked to the specific theory?
Original post by NHM

I'm afraid so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM

It can !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
When would 6+8 ever come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean an AO1 that got 6-8 marks out of 8. sorry, dont think i explained it properly lol:tongue:
Original post by Annettee
Heya.

I'd say you have definitely used connectives to start your sentences like this supports and this contradicts/refutes. I was just trying to push it up into the top bands, because although you have used these connectives to link one paragraph to the next, it's too basic to say this suggests/refutes throughout your entire essay. You want to try to effectively link...not sure if this is making sense.
But for example in my neural mechanisms essay, I've structured it sorta like:

1. A01 for DCT.
2. Supportive findings come from..
3. It's hard to ignore the use of animal studies in Hetherington and Ranson's study...
4. Also casting doubt on the validity of the DCT is further research from Anand and Brobeck...
5. The PVN may play a greater role in the controlling of our eating behaviours...

It just needs to flow..kinda like a story really. As opposed to each paragraph stating with this supports and further supports. These becomes your line of argument and will help you get into the top bands!

And with the IDA i take that back lool. I think i had a little trouble reading the IDA and it was late so I kinda gave up, i apologize! It does appear to be contextualised, so there's no issue there.

Hi i appreciate the feedback it has definitely helped. If you were to give the essay a mark what you have given it?
Probably be a 4 mark, really. 8 marks would focus on EP and/or EZs
Can you use reductionism to criticise an evolutionary explanation or would it be determinism ? Reductionism i know if only for biological approaches but in the book for eating, the claim evolutionary explanation for eating is under the biological so... reductionism or determinism?
Original post by Hihihi123
Can you use reductionism to criticise an evolutionary explanation or would it be determinism ? Reductionism i know if only for biological approaches but in the book for eating, the claim evolutionary explanation for eating is under the biological so... reductionism or determinism?

Reductionism and determinism are two totally different things?
If it's not biological, then it would be limited view rather than reductionism :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
Reductionism and determinism are two totally different things?
If it's not biological, then it would be limited view rather than reductionism :smile:

If you say limited view rather than reductionist will it still count as Ida?
Original post by Hihihi123

No, evolutionary approaches are the least reductionist out there! Determinism, however is very much usable, claiming that everything we do is determined by our ancestors during the EEA
Original post by TMC113
Probably be a 4 mark, really. 8 marks would focus on EP and/or EZs

i know but im assuming it could come up as a 24 marker as its never come up before. I'm just not sure how Iwould write 8 marks worth of AO1 for it
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
If you say limited view rather than reductionist will it still count as Ida?

Yep, they're the same thing :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending