The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 ICT June 2016 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
anyone have any decent exam techniques? atm i have no idea how to answer questions and the aqa books are terrible. any help would be appreciated.

TIA
I'm sooo going to fail this exam.

Scraped an A at AS (164/200) and got 67/70 for the CW (which will most likely be moderated down).

This exam is so hard compared to AS, i literally just revised the words on the specification last year and got an A but with this it is so much more trickier. There's also nothing online, no useful revision guides or anything.

We did use the ZigZag predicted papers in class and they were pretty good.
A question regarding Saas and Paas will most definitely come up so remember to look up what they are!
Original post by imran_
If you all would like to be in a group chat discussing this exam, PM me your numbers. The group chat will be on Whatsap :-)

Is the group chat still happening?
Reply 83
Original post by Socychoictraphy

yup

why can't you discuss it on here, as some people do not have the app
Reply 85
Original post by georgie2498
why can't you discuss it on here, as some people do not have the app

because its more easier to discuss on whatsapp, as people can post images and speak real time
Reply 86
Original post by imran_
because its more easier to discuss on whatsapp, as people can post images and speak real time

Can you please add me to this group chat. I pm'd you a while back with my number?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw man, I broke my phone on my last day of school so have to order a screen so that my dad can fix it :cry:

Is the whole exam prep going to be happening on Whatsapp?
for people on here, what do people think is going to come up?
Reply 89

Nobody knows.
what do you think about the case? any suggestions? no

I don't even think this is a subject you can predict questions for... but I do think they have a habit of rewording questions that were answered badly the year before?

On a lighter note, my teacher thinks legislations and regulations might be a big one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I don't even think this is a subject you can predict questions for... but I do think they have a habit of rewording questions that were answered badly the year before?

On a lighter note, my teacher things legislations and regulations might be a big one.

in part a or b? expand upon? which legislation
in part a or b? expand upon? which legislation

Section B, maybe for one of the essay questions.
do you know which legislation or regulations as there are loads?
Reply 95
I'm sooo going to fail this exam.

Scraped an A at AS (164/200) and got 67/70 for the CW (which will most likely be moderated down).

This exam is so hard compared to AS, i literally just revised the words on the specification last year and got an A but with this it is so much more trickier. There's also nothing online, no useful revision guides or anything.

We did use the ZigZag predicted papers in class and they were pretty good.
A question regarding Saas and Paas will most definitely come up so remember to look up what they are!

HeyyDo you think that the questions predicted on Zig Zag paper are likely to come up?Did some of the predicted Zig Zag paper
questions come up last year?
Original post by sana_97
HeyyDo you think that the questions predicted on Zig Zag paper are likely to come up?Did some of the predicted Zig Zag paper
questions come up last year?

Not sure about last year but i'm almost certain questions on Saas, Paas, outsourcing and BYOD will come up.
Reply 97
As everyone on here seems to be concerned about there not being many INFO 3 revision guides about I thought I may as well post this.

I have a 50 page word document Revision Guide. I'm working my way through it now in preparation for the exam and it seems relatively useful in terms of content.

So if anyone wants it I'll be happy to email it to you, just PM me your email addresses and I'll send it over! :smile:
do you know which legislation or regulations as there are loads?

Well the ones we should know are the Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse Act, Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, Health and Safety Act, Freedom of Information Act, Regulations of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) and the WEEE Directive (2007).

I haven't looked at the syllabus to see if we need to learn all of these but my teacher said these were the main ones. If it's a generic legislations and the effect it has on an organisation's procedures essay question then the explanation of the first 5 with expansion would do. :h:
Reply 99
Not sure about last year but i'm almost certain questions on Saas, Paas, outsourcing and BYOD will come up.

Thankss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending