The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JunkoR.
^^ you're welcome. its the same problem with me as well. I tend to overwrite because there are so many informations! my problem is my essays are too wordy and when i try to condense it, it lacks details which sucks.

Unfortunately I know exactly where you are coming from! I have a lot of named psychologists dotted in my essays that literally just say a conclusive sentence and they probably aren't even that relevant! I tend to aim for around 6 or more studies per essay, how many do you think is needed?
Can someone send me their notes for circadian/ultradian/infradian rhythms! I'm worried I dont have enough information
Original post by Tinksy
Unfortunately I know exactly where you are coming from! I have a lot of named psychologists dotted in my essays that literally just say a conclusive sentence and they probably aren't even that relevant! I tend to aim for around 6 or more studies per essay, how many do you think is needed?

wow thats a lot! (at least for me) Considering that we only have 30 mins, if we mention 6 or more studies, you will be expected to elaborate and that is time consuming even tho it is useful. Upon elaboration, you will have to evaluate it as well so i wouldnt recommend that many. I only go for the most relevant ones or two if it is very important.
Original post by Socychoictraphy
What did you get at AS?????

I got a B, but it think I've come along way since then haha!
Original post by RHobbs
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone have the predictions for relationships?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breakdown and sexual selection (maintenance is a possibility)
https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY

https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM
Original post by adtr0706
Nobody else here doing cognition and development?

I'm doing cognition and development as well.
Original post by JunkoR.
wow thats a lot! (at least for me) Considering that we only have 30 mins, if we mention 6 or more studies, you will be expected to elaborate and that is time consuming even tho it is useful. Upon elaboration, you will have to evaluate it as well so i wouldnt recommend that many. I only go for the most relevant ones or two if it is very important.

I'm that type of person who will look for and use hundreds of resources to try and formulate the best answer I can because I get worried if I leave anything out! haha But I think in practical terms you have definitely got the right idea, especially for exam timing and prep! I think I might cut some studies out now thank you!
Original post by JunkoR.

8 A02 points are needed, what my teacher says anyway..
Original post by Tinksy
I'm that type of person who will look for and use hundreds of resources to try and formulate the best answer I can because I get worried if I leave anything out! haha But I think in practical terms you have definitely got the right idea, especially for exam timing and prep! I think I might cut some studies out now thank you!

i totally get u and i was like that. However, its better if u have two to three good strong points rather than several weak ones. Also, dont focus too much on AO1 and AO3 all the way that you miss out the time to complete your AO2 which is equally important. Good luck.
Original post by scrawlx101
8 A02 points are needed, what my teacher says anyway..

Exactly. I think you misread it or did I? I think she was talking about the numbers of studies to include in the essay and not AO2 points...?
Reply 1970
Original post by toetothunder
Hey can you take a look at my one for lifespan changes in sleep please?

Hi- unfortunately I don't do sleep!

Aggression/gender/ relationships only :-)
Reply 1971
Original post by JunkoR.
Exactly. I think you misread it or did I? I think she was talking about the numbers of studies to include in the essay and not AO2 points...?

8 A02 points sounds a bit excessive..

You only really need like 3/4 pieces of detailed A02 followed by at least 2 IDA
I seem to use however a lot in my essays to signpost A02, is there another word I could use instead so they're not so repetitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
8 A02 points sounds a bit excessive..

You only really need like 3/4 pieces of detailed A02 followed by at least 2 IDA

Lol i wasnt the one who said that:biggrin:
Original post by Elle_w
I seem to use however a lot in my essays to signpost A02, is there another word I could use instead so they're not so repetitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search the Internet for discourse markers
Loopa predicts biological or evolutionary, as niether have come up for gender. I agree with him on this one! image.png
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

In contrast,
On the other hand,
One criticism of this is that...
It has been argued...

Just a few I could think of, I think these should also make it clear to the examiner you are stating an opposing point
Does anyone know what the depression questions were on the two different PSYA4 papers last year, or were they the same?
Original post by Tinksy
In contrast,
On the other hand,
One criticism of this is that...
It has been argued...

Just a few I could think of, I think these should also make it clear to the examiner you are stating an opposing point

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible for a sleep disorder 24 mark question to come up where they ask us to write about just 1 disorder?

Latest

Trending

Trending