The Student Room Group

Extremely ambitious deal.

I'm going for CS in september, but I also like engineering, unfortunately I couldn't manage to be accepted at some university that offered a double degree in both...
Therefore I thought of getting in touch with EE students in order to make a knowledge exchange, the plan is actually fairly simple.
If it works I might create some sort of association for people who would like to do the same thing.
This would be for ambitious and powerfully driven individuals who are passionate about knowledge and would like to join a community of people who exchange knowledge but most importantly are truly passionate and confident about their skills and want to build a better future.
But for now I'd just want to meet someone who will be a fresher next year, and wants to learn about CS.
The idea is simply that we'd both record our lectures and swap our papers throughout the year.
MIT offers free courses on its website, one of them in EE and CS. It'd be worth meeting someone who is willing to undertake this project with me, so we'd share some ideas and boost each other up as well.
Basically I want to create a free environment in the long run where people talk business ideas, and entrepreneurship.
Renewable energy, molecular biology, engineering, science, AI, neuroscience, medicine... Whatever, I just want to gather up a bunch of talented people who get involved in a brainstorming process to build the future. People coming from business, science, technology and social sciences, marketing... Anything.
Just use MIT OCW? That offers the lecture notes and recordings part of what you're looking for, or there's NPTEL as well.

It's also a lot to learn and there are universities which already have those kind of multidisciplinary brainstorming processes, I'd be surprised if it wasn't done at most universities or at least most good ones. Mine has 7 major ones I can think of.

You should also do some programming in your EEE degree, might even have optional modules where you can do more.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by antonioOoO
I'm going for CS in september, but I also like engineering, unfortunately I couldn't manage to be accepted at some university that offered a double degree in both...
Therefore I thought of getting in touch with EE students in order to make a knowledge exchange, the plan is actually fairly simple.
If it works I might create some sort of association for people who would like to do the same thing.
This would be for ambitious and powerfully driven individuals who are passionate about knowledge and would like to join a community of people who exchange knowledge but most importantly are truly passionate and confident about their skills and want to build a better future.
But for now I'd just want to meet someone who will be a fresher next year, and wants to learn about CS.
The idea is simply that we'd both record our lectures and swap our papers throughout the year.
MIT offers free courses on its website, one of them in EE and CS. It'd be worth meeting someone who is willing to undertake this project with me, so we'd share some ideas and boost each other up as well.
Basically I want to create a free environment in the long run where people talk business ideas, and entrepreneurship.
Renewable energy, molecular biology, engineering, science, AI, neuroscience, medicine... Whatever, I just want to gather up a bunch of talented people who get involved in a brainstorming process to build the future. People coming from business, science, technology and social sciences, marketing... Anything.

if you want to learn about engineering stuff just learn it off the internet. I study aerospace engineering and I also enjoy programming a lot, but I didnt like the general comp sci course. So even though I do engineering, I still learn CS stuff such as watching MIT CS50 course on youtube. I have books which I read too, no need to exchange stuff with other comp sci students. Likewise if you're comp sci, you wont be able to understand the stuff we do in engineering, because it will require maths or physics you havent studied, you also wont have time anyway as comp sci course itself is huge. But im guessing you probably want to do robotics, in which case you can get stuff like arduino kits and practice making stuff, or join a robotics society, most comp sci students are in our robotics society and they get to learn about sensors etc.
Reply 3
That actually sounds great good luck with it

Quick Reply

Latest