The Student Room Group

Predicted ABC, where should I apply?

Hi, I’m predicted an A in Spanish, B in maths and C in chemistry and want to study economics at uni. What unis would I have a shot at getting into?
Original post by Issy783
Hi, I’m predicted an A in Spanish, B in maths and C in chemistry and want to study economics at uni. What unis would I have a shot at getting into?

I don't know you kind of have to do your own research, not only for entry requirements but to see whether you like the look of the course, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I don't know you kind of have to do your own research, not only for entry requirements but to see whether you like the look of the course, etc.

Do you think it’d be worth applying to ABB unis or maybe even one AAB one?
Original post by Issy783

Depends what your school puts as your UCAS predicted grades as
Original post by Issy783

It would be worth applying to a couple of ABB universities plus a couple not asking for that high. The other issue with Economics is what Maths grades they are looking for. If a university requires grade A Maths they are likely to insist on it. You might also look for universities that dont have a Maths A level requiirement.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
It would be worth applying to a couple of ABB universities plus a couple not asking for that high. The other issue with Economics is what Maths grades they are looking for. If a university requires grade A Maths they are likely to insist on it. You might also look for universities that dont have a Maths A level requiirement.

Okay I’ve looked into some ABB unis. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Issy783

A couple of ambitious universities aren’t a bad Idea people say you should have 2 ambitious 2 realistic and one safety on your UCAS form. I would say though don’t pin all your hopes on these ambitious choices because they might not make you an offer or an offer you don’t think you can meet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending