The Student Room Group

How do i motivate myself?

I'm currently studying for my GCSEs but i just can't motivate myself to sit down and revise. I've got no clue which way i revise best and i can't stick to one topic for more than 10 mins... Help!!! What should i do?
Original post by Mel15
I'm currently studying for my GCSEs but i just can't motivate myself to sit down and revise. I've got no clue which way i revise best and i can't stick to one topic for more than 10 mins... Help!!! What should i do?

You imagine it completed. That a huge booster, think: " Oh hell no, not another year of this want it done now " and you'll do it :biggrin:
I put all technology in one room (away form me), think about how I need these and will regret it if I don't. I make quick revision cards on each topic - changing subject completely every 30/40 mins.
Reply 3
Original post by Mel15

I'm in the EXACT same boat right now, everything you say here is exactly how i'm feeling right now :s-smilie:
Reply 4
With 2 weeks left of my GCSEs im finally starting to get into a routine.

I choose a subject and then a topic. Every 10/30 mins (depending on how motivated i am) i have a 5/10 min break. Then every time i finish revising a topic i have a longer break, like i watch a film or catch up on an episode of a TV show.

I've also started finding funner ways for me to revise. I'm into computers so i make Power points on a topic or i find a film i can watch on it. I also revise while im doing things i enjoy doing. For example while im in the pool i stick cards around me so every time i look up im looking at key words or phrases for particular topics.

Thank you to everyone who replied. It helped me. I now keep my phone in my bedroom as i work in my study room.
Original post by Mel15
I'm into computers so i make Power points on a topic

I agree, powerpoints are a fantastic way to revise whilst motivating yourself. I tend to do ones that have set colour schemes/styles and include lots of pictures alongside concise notes. And once you have finished making one, you actually have something to show for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Exactly! I often find myself spending too long on animations and colour schemes! But the end products are cool 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
For me i just listen to motivation speeches, it somehow changes my perspective on everything and gives me the ultimate drive.

here's an example of a speech : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyDlBy5tgYA

hope this helps !
Reply 8
You need to know what your ambition is. Your goal. Like me, It's my lifelong dream to become a corporate lawyer, and i always imagine myself as one. I set goals, and all my goals will eventually lead me up to becoming a lawyer. You just have to know what you want to do in life and use it to motivate yourself. You need to look at how some things are more important than others, Like studies of course. Hopefully this should help.
Reply 9
I dance around the room, give myself speeches. Search up Oxford - my dream university on the computer. Honestly, I have searched up Oxford university on my phone so many times that it thinks that I live there. :h: It put my location as 'Oxford university.'

Quick Reply

Latest