The Student Room Group

Summer Holidays

Does anyone have any advice during summer holidays between year 12 and 13 on how to keep motivated to keep myself occupied
You can do online courses relating to subjects or careers you're interested in. They're not too strenuous, can look good on a personal statement if it leads you to lectures or if created by renowned professors in the field, and will keep you motivated without actually doing school work or revision.

FutureLearn is a good website for this, and The Open University's courses are good as well.
Original post by katee0523
Does anyone have any advice during summer holidays between year 12 and 13 on how to keep motivated to keep myself occupied

Hi there!

I am at uni currently, but I remember that plenty of my friends got part-time jobs or started small businesses during this time which helped to keep busy during the holidays, plus it meant they had extra money to spend on going out. Perhaps you could start a new hobby? You could even try to raise money for charity by doing a sponsored run or something. Or make yourself a wish list for the summer of things you would like to do.

A small set of ideas could be:
- Have a picnic at the park with friends
- Start crocheting!
- Go on a walk everyday to local parks
- Have a go at baking
- Try online courses for your career option
- Visit relatives
- Learn a foreign language
- Learn to play an instrument

Remember that this period of time is for you to rest and get prepared for year 13 so try not to feel guilty if you sleep in a few times but also productivity can be such a great feeling!

Have a great summer and good luck in Yr13!

Rachel - YSJ student rep
Reply 3
Thank you!

i’m currently in full time dance training and i’m really motivated when i’m there but as soon as holidays hit, i loose it and i feel so bad about myself so i’m trying to find way to keep my motivation.

I actually already have a job but i can only work there saturdays at the moment but i’m the look at for a more convenient place!

there’s so many things i can be doing like exercise etc but i don’t have the motivation and it’s so frustrating because i’m hoping to go to uni and do dance / musical theatre.

i’m already 18 aswell as i did as levels last year but it wasn’t for me so i’m re doing year 12 affectively.
Original post by katee0523
Thank you!

i’m currently in full time dance training and i’m really motivated when i’m there but as soon as holidays hit, i loose it and i feel so bad about myself so i’m trying to find way to keep my motivation.

I actually already have a job but i can only work there saturdays at the moment but i’m the look at for a more convenient place!

there’s so many things i can be doing like exercise etc but i don’t have the motivation and it’s so frustrating because i’m hoping to go to uni and do dance / musical theatre.

i’m already 18 aswell as i did as levels last year but it wasn’t for me so i’m re doing year 12 affectively.

I did dance at college and find it to be my biggest hobby during the summer! Exercising can seem quite boring or difficult to get into so I tried yoga and doing stretching to keep up my flexibility over the summer. Perhaps doing it alongside a Youtube video, with a friend or to music could help to motivate you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending