The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has the evolutionary explanation for gender ever come up? The hunting hypothesis one?
Original post by yasx_
Anyone else having trouble writing the essays in times conditions? I just wrote a breakdown of relationships essays in 33 minutes - 3 mins over how long it should take and my hand kills! I was writing so fast and my writing was so messy. I have no idea how I'm going to write 3 essays in time conditions tomorrow..

lmao this is me! i definitely will run out of time, like there's no way I won't honestly. Also I'm looking at my notes I was just writing and I can hardly read them and that's not under timed conditions, so I'm pretty sure I'll fail literally just because my writing will be illegible hah
Original post by yasx_
Anyone else having trouble writing the essays in times conditions? I just wrote a breakdown of relationships essays in 33 minutes - 3 mins over how long it should take and my hand kills! I was writing so fast and my writing was so messy. I have no idea how I'm going to write 3 essays in time conditions tomorrow..

Yep same, like my hand kills and I never finish on time :frown: I think 2 completed essays then a rushed one will be kinda okay though
Reply 2883
Original post by yasx_

I've found writing slowly is better simply because 1. You feel better about what you're writing and 2. What you're better is most likely gonna be better cause you've concentrated on it more- How many pages did you write?
Reply 2884
Original post by Zainab03
Has the evolutionary explanation for gender ever come up? The hunting hypothesis one?

No.
To anyone who is doing Aggression and is using Loopa's essays.

Evolutionary Explanations for Aggression (Infidelity and Jealousy), this essay is really long so can we just write either the infidelity theory or just the jealousy one?
Original post by undine_monty

Evolutionary Explanations for Aggression (Infidelity and Jealousy), this essay is really long so can we just write either the infidelity theory or just the jealousy one?

It depends on how many marks the question holds, if it is a 24 marker you would include both but if it is a 12 marker you would include only one, either jealously or infidelity.
Reply 2887

It normally says jealousy and/or infidelity.
Guys, what is the best approach to setting the essays out in terms of AO1 vs AO2/3?

My teacher says in terms of getting the marks it's better to do some AO1 points, the AO2 to support, and then another AO1 point etc. then IDAs at the end, but I like the idea of doing the AO1 dump first and then as much AO2 as I can before the half an hour runs out.

Do you get marked differently based on the way you write it (aka do the examiners prefer one way over the other) or can I just stick with the way I prefer?
Original post by Zainab03
It depends on how many marks the question holds, if it is a 24 marker you would include both but if it is a 12 marker you would include only one, either jealously or infidelity.

There are no 12 mark questions
Can someone tell me all of the AO3 points such as evolution, methodology, cultural bias ...
Original post by NHM
It normally says jealousy and/or infidelity.

How do you know? Where did you find that out?
(I know it depends on UMS buuuut) say PSYA3 you get a D and PSYA4 you get a C what could you get overall for the A2?

Heres another one say PSYA3 you get a D and PSYA4 you get a B what could you get overall for the A2?

Cheers

It's long because Saj added murder as an explanation too (uxoricide and threat to make status) Just cut all that murder stuff out
[QUOTE="Marli-Ruth;65529183"]

Evolutionary Explanations for Aggression (Infidelity and Jealousy), this essay is really long so can we just write either the infidelity theory or just the jealousy one?[/QUOTE

I just cut out all the mudrer stuff that's why it's long

If that question comes up and I don't have enough time, then I'll have to do that

If it says 'infidelity and jealousy' you do both, the thing is, they're very linked so it doesn't make that much of a difference - sexual jealousy is caused by suspected infidelity
Original post by Marli-Ruth
It's long because Saj added murder as an explanation too (uxoricide and threat to make status) Just cut all that murder stuff out

So you cut out the 'murder represents....' paragraph up to where the research/evaluation started?
There are no 12 mark questions

They could do it as 4+8 marks.
Reply 2898

:-)
image.png
So you cut out the 'murder represents....' paragraph up to where the research/evaluation started?

Murder represents until just before the sexual jealousy paragraph

Latest

Trending

Trending